1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Football ... In The Rain -- Ugh

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by kiz5, Aug 10, 2008.

1. For whatever reason, it seems like we keep getting rain on the weekends up here. No idea why, but I haven't shot a weekend game in nice weather in well over a month now.

So, here's some from my struggles. Nothing great, as I'm really struggling to get the technique of the 300 2.8 in portrait down, but here it is. Shot with the D300.

2749032229_7fe9fc4b01_o.

View attachment 238196

View attachment 238197

View attachment 238198

I can't wait for High School ball to start, so I can be out there shooting daily, rather than just these weekends, usually under the lights.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008
  2. Adrian,

It was wet yesterday, afternoon ball games and soccer games were cancelled the fields were so wet.

Good shots. Are renting the 300 and from whom if I may ask?

3. nice series
    i like #4 the most

one pointer....
    please insert 2 to 3 LINE SPACES in between your images
    it makes them FAR easier to view and enjoy

thanks

4. Yeah, I gave up shooting in the 3rd quarter. Forgot my jacket on the chair at home, and was out there in a shirt and shorts. Not only was it wet, it was cold too. Always seems to be colder at that field as well.

And yeah, renting the 300. HeadshotRentals down in Toronto's east end.

5. Adrian,

At least we're not trying to rent from the same place at the same time:biggrin:.

We got lucky with the rain, although the rec staff had to mop the field before the game started. The upside may be good skiing this winter!

Good series, you'll get the hang of the 300 in no time. They you'll want one.

6. thanks for the line space insertion
    i really appreciate it

i can't wait to see your next images
    good luck

7. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    I may have been raining but it is football !! I can't wait for football. . .I am not looking
    forward to the field lighting but that's another story..

These are great for the conditions you were dealing with. #2 cracks me up.

Well done Adrian!

8. Well, I think I got the hang of it already.

Just shot a Peewee football game, in the mud from 12-2 today. Photos will be up within a few hours, and I think they turned out good.

9. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Nice shots and great facial expressions. Our first football game isn't until the end of the month. Practice starts today. Can't wait!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.