Football (Soccer): Croatia - Kazakhstan

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by sir oliver, Sep 7, 2008.

1. A couple of photos from a game played last evening in Zagreb. This was a first in a series of qualifying matches for the 2010 World Cup.

Croatia opened the qualifiers with a convincing 3:0 victory over Kazakhstan and now comfortably awaits the upcoming match against England on Wednesday, which is also to be played in Zagreb.

1. Croatia's coach Slaven Bilić
    [​IMG]

2. Substitutes for the Croatian team
    [​IMG]

3. National anthem
    [​IMG]

4. Ivan Rakitić
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Danijel Pranjić
    [​IMG]

7. Niko Kovac (hugged by Dario Srna) scores for Croatia's lead 1:0
    [​IMG]

8. Ivica Olić fighting with a Kazakh player
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Luka Modrić scores for 2:0
    [​IMG]

11. Runaway ball
    [​IMG]

12. In control
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Mladen Petrić strikes for 3:0
    [​IMG]

15. Flooded (Kazakhstan's goalkeeper)
    [​IMG]

16. Rough play
    [​IMG]

17. Mladen Petrić
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice shooting what body lens combination? Bilic to Hammers after they beat England on Wednesday with Modric to follow in January. Also, love those Croatian jerseys

3. I'm not certain as to what lens was used for these, but the EXIF information indicates that the camera was a D80 and that the ISO setting was usually 1600.

I find the quality of these images to be remarkable--particularly given the relatively high ISO setting for the D80. These photos are colorful, clear and sharp and with good compositions.

I'm not a big soccer fan, but I really enjoyed viewing these excellent images!

Glenn

4. very nicely done, especially w/ a D80 in hand...nice action and sideline shots too.

5. Thanks guys. Yes, the body is D80, lens is 70-200VR (first 3 photos with 18-70), and the exposure was constantly ISO 1600, f2.8, 1/500s.

6. MoranaS

MoranaS Guest

Those pics are great! Do you have any pics of Zagreb? My wife grew up there and I would love to be able to show her some recent pics.

Thanks

7. These are outstanding!