Football?? What about Hockey!!

Well shot a little bit this weekend at the CMO Select Labor Day Tournament. Yeah its a week early but when you need a 5 sheet facility it is tough to get it on a major holiday weekend, unless you own the facility. Anyways here are some shots, also put in a few sportraits as I don't normally show those as I love showing my hockey action!

Nikon D300, 300mm f2.8 @ ISO 200-250 f4.5-5.6 depending on the rink, 1/250th.

Enjoy!

GCB_3773.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

GCB_3911.jpg

GCB_26131.jpg

GCB_2842.jpg

GCB_4138.jpg

GCB_4770.jpg

Adrian, strobed, otherwise I would be shooting ISO 1600+ even in decent rinks.

T

topher04r1

LOL ... Geoff lookin good man, nice even spread of light, good exposures and great focus ..... who could ask for anything more !

Nice shooting, is the ice providing fill? If hockey is here then summer must certainly be over.

You could shoot at ISO 2000 with a D700 or D3, then no strobes to drag around.

Some nice action in these, good timing with the glove save.

You could shoot at ISO 2000 with a D700 or D3, then no strobes to drag around.

Some nice action in these, good timing with the glove save.

Yeah but they still might not be as crisp. As for the strobes they are permanently in the facility. I wouldn't want to be setting up 28 strobes every weekend. Then again I probably wouldn't be I just shoot for them.

Looks Good!!!!
We have ice on all summer here so it never really ends :biggrin:

As do wee it never really ends.

Nice shooting, is the ice providing fill? If hockey is here then summer must certainly be over.
Nah Summers not over if your going by hockey over here its year round. So summer never actually started then. Strobes bounced off of a silver lined ceiling, with the ice acting as another reflector, works great!

LOL ... Geoff lookin good man, nice even spread of light, good exposures and great focus ..... who could ask for anything more !

Thanks Topher!

great shots. hockey is definitely one of the more difficult sports to capture.

Thanks, appreciate it.

First class shooting Geoff, the lighting is perfect and you caught some outstanding action. I really appreciate your tight crops and the over image quality.

M

mom24gr8kids

Love them! thanks for sharing

Great Hockey series Geoff
I need to give it a try
A good fiend of mine coaches for the Hurricanes youth league- Hiws season is getting started soon
Thanks for the inspiration

Great shots, Geoff. Love the crops/sportraits!

I can't wait for NHL season to start! 3 more weeks... It might be 90 degrees out walking to the game, but it will still be chilly when we get inside the arena. 90% of the attendees early and late in the season are wearing shorts down here in sunny Florida.

Hey nice shots GB!!
Now stop posting hockey until the snow flies up north ok? I want to enjoy what's left of our warm weather no matter how great your shots are! :biggrin:

Thanks all for the kind comments, I'm glad I got some from the other pros on the board as well.

Great shots, Geoff. Love the crops/sportraits!

I can't wait for NHL season to start! 3 more weeks... It might be 90 degrees out walking to the game, but it will still be chilly when we get inside the arena. 90% of the attendees early and late in the season are wearing shorts down here in sunny Florida.

I totally believe it. We get some of the youth FLA teams up here. I'll be down in Tampa After Thanksgiving, would love to check out a Lightning game and shoot a little, but it is a pleasure trip, we'll see.

Hey nice shots GB!!
Now stop posting hockey until the snow flies up north ok? I want to enjoy what's left of our warm weather no matter how great your shots are! :biggrin:

Well, we'll see although I don't believe I'll be doing too much hockey till the HS season starts up. As I have a lot of T&I on weekends, and various HS sports, just next week here's the lineup, Tue field hockey, Wed - Golf, Thur - HS Team Day, Fri afternoon - Soccer, Fri evening - football. Its gonna be a great season :biggrin:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom