Foothill ranch, CA fire

So as some of you know I live in Foothill Ranch, Ca. Most of the communities around here have aggressive brush control regulations, and for good reason. All pictures taken within a mile of my house, and as of yet 0 structures have been lost, once again thank you to all the people that work for the fire department.... More shots can be seen at sierraphoto.biz

Making the plan of attack
102207110_edited-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My house
102207112_edited-1.jpg

102207056_edited-1.jpg

102207051_edited-1.jpg

A little humor
102207115_edited-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm in san diego where several hundred thousand people have evaculated. i tried to snap some pictures of the fires but all i did was choke on ash.

So far they have kept the ridge above our house, clear, the canyon to the east of us is fully involved. The shot of the firefighters standing, the fire has burned down the canyon past them. They did save all the houses along the canyon.

We`ve had reports on UK tv concerning the fir in California. Sure looks bad, times like this makes me realise our temperate weather isnt so bad.

FOX News reported that they closed the Wild Animal Park in Escondido today due to neighboring fire and smoke. And the fires have consumed an area the size of Chicago, with 125 homes burned. Malibu Presbyterian Church burned to the ground yesterday.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all living in this area.

Starting to get a little more smokey
21007004_edited-1.jpg

Seems to be going well, the fire fighters are doing a great job at protecting the houses. some more as the sun is going down.

31007002_edited-1.jpg

31007062_edited-1.jpg

Night has gone crazy, still no lost homes, but a huge firestorm that the local department has handled so well!!!!!!

Most of the shots from tonight, none edited.

http://sierraphoto.biz/Events

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert, the real estate sale photo is priceless. Very good capture....

I took some shots during the fire (not near as good). But the shots that amazed me were the "after" shots. I put some here (towards the end of this series of shots)...

Fire Shots

Latest threads

Top Bottom