1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Foothill ranch, CA fire

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by snownow, Oct 22, 2007.

1. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    So as some of you know I live in Foothill Ranch, Ca. Most of the communities around here have aggressive brush control regulations, and for good reason. All pictures taken within a mile of my house, and as of yet 0 structures have been lost, once again thank you to all the people that work for the fire department.... More shots can be seen at sierraphoto.biz

Making the plan of attack
    102207110_edited-1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My house
    102207112_edited-1.jpg

102207056_edited-1.jpg

102207051_edited-1.jpg

A little humor
    102207115_edited-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2007
  2. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    i'm in san diego where several hundred thousand people have evaculated. i tried to snap some pictures of the fires but all i did was choke on ash.

3. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    So far they have kept the ridge above our house, clear, the canyon to the east of us is fully involved. The shot of the firefighters standing, the fire has burned down the canyon past them. They did save all the houses along the canyon.

4. uker

uker

Oct 7, 2007
    Cornwall UK
    We`ve had reports on UK tv concerning the fir in California. Sure looks bad, times like this makes me realise our temperate weather isnt so bad.

5. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    FOX News reported that they closed the Wild Animal Park in Escondido today due to neighboring fire and smoke. And the fires have consumed an area the size of Chicago, with 125 homes burned. Malibu Presbyterian Church burned to the ground yesterday.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all living in this area.

6. Great shots. The 1st and last are my favorites.

7. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Starting to get a little more smokey
    21007004_edited-1.jpg

8. church

church

Sep 17, 2007
    west virginia
    wow. that would be such a scary sight to see at your house. i hope all goes well for you.

9. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Seems to be going well, the fire fighters are doing a great job at protecting the houses. some more as the sun is going down.

31007002_edited-1.jpg

31007062_edited-1.jpg

Night has gone crazy, still no lost homes, but a huge firestorm that the local department has handled so well!!!!!!

Most of the shots from tonight, none edited.

http://sierraphoto.biz/Events

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2007
  10. Robert, the real estate sale photo is priceless. Very good capture....

I took some shots during the fire (not near as good). But the shots that amazed me were the "after" shots. I put some here (towards the end of this series of shots)...

Fire Shots

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.