For anyone who hates their cable provider as much as I hate mine

we chose a plan through CenturyLink - 80MB DSL2 internet, bundled with Direct TV for $85 a month. We switched our home phone to a line on our T-Mo cell plan for an additional $10 a month!! Saving a cool $100 a month!!
Just wait until the promotional period ends. Buddy of mine moaned about Charter (before they called themselves Spectrum) being so high priced. Dumped them and went with AT&T U-verse. Said he was paying $90month for tv mid tier/internet 6gb and phone. A year later he was screaming now that his monthly bill was $190. Dish did the same thing to my brother ut was stuck in the contract.

Real Name
Ken St John
Just wait until the promotional period ends. Buddy of mine moaned about Charter (before they called themselves Spectrum) being so high priced. Dumped them and went with AT&T U-verse. Said he was paying $90month for tv mid tier/internet 6gb and phone. A year later he was screaming now that his monthly bill was $190. Dish did the same thing to my brother ut was stuck in the contract.
Yeah, that's what Comcast did to us ... why our bill skyrocketed to $195 a month. Our current "deal" has a little going for us ... CenturyLink's internet is "priced for life" at $45 a month, all in. True that the DTV component will go up in 12 months, but if I can't get an acceptable offer, I can dump them for a $20/mo "early termination fee" ($240) max. By then, we may have some workable streaming options and the CL DSL is actually working well.

I'm also very interested to see what T-Mobile does with 5G home internet/TV. The CEO is pretty vocal about taking on Comcast and driving them out of business. Bold statement, but if you look back over the past few years, T-Mo's been shaking up the wireless industry and brought down prices of all the carriers with innovations such as unlimited plans, free roaming in Canada & Mexico, etc. Time will tell.

Ken

Real Name
Ian
Today is D Day we are cutting the CORD going with internet only from SPECTRUM and picking up You Tube TV. We have been clients of what use to be Time Warner here in upstate NY since 1971.
My wife and I have been with YouTube TV for over a year now, and are enjoying it. The only thing I miss is that I can't get my Penguins hockey games due to the missing regional sports network, but I have that covered with a VPN and password sharing the NHL center ice TV package with a relative.

I'm happy we made the switch to YouTube TV.

Real Name
Ian
Nope. The Washington Nationals (and the Baltimore Orioles) regular season games are blacked out in my area. There really is only one way to legally view those games in my home and that's by using Cox Communications, a cable provider.
VPN's are cheap. It's how I watch the Penguins hockey games, since YouTube TV doesn't have the local sports channel.

Are you using a VPN to make the provider think you are in a different area than the actual location of your area?
correct. It's extremely simple to use.
My understanding is that using that method is illegal (though I've never heard of it being tested in court) or at least violates the terms of agreement that prevents viewing a blacked out broadcast. So, the Drinking Support Team will be spared the trouble of having to help me out. :ROFLMAO:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom