For Doug.....28 1.4D NYC Images

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by GenoP754, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Hi there,
    Well I know my friend Doug has got himself a new 28 1.4D, and he kind of set the inspiration to start using mine a little more.......

so after a little dinner with a friend, I took a little drive around New York...

Some were taken from my truck, and I got out to take some, but mainly I just felt like fooling around.....

Started at Johnny Carino's:

Nikon D2Hs ,Nikkor 28mm f/1.4D AF
    1/45s f/2.0 at 28.0mm iso400
    original.

then for a little drive.....first Time Square, and I bumped into the lady that guards the city (and thought I had double-vision):

1/80s f/2.0 at 28.0mm iso400
    View attachment 107142

and from the screen I noticed the NYPD got some new uniforms...:

1/400s f/2.0 at 28.0mm iso400
    View attachment 107143

that inspired me to go around the corner......

1/160s f/2.0 at 28.0mm iso400
    View attachment 107144

but that really wasn't my style, so I found myself a little nicer place:

1/125s f/2.0 at 28.0mm iso400
    View attachment 107145

and last but not least, I knew B&H was closed, but decided to borrow their parking lot:

1/20s f/2.0 at 28.0mm iso400
    View attachment 107146

Hope you all liked my little excursion........

GenoP

2. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    nice work Geno! thanks for sharing all these. I notice you chose 400 iso for each. You don't think the lights would have created enough light for the magnet at any lower ISO? Just curious...

good job, and it is you inspiring me. I thought about doing this last night myself, but was a bit tired after some hard yard work yesterday at my house and my Mom's, whew.

Doug

3. I just used ISO 400, since I felt it would give me enough shutter speed, and D2Hs would not give me any noise problems. I could have done each shot individually, but did not have the time in situations with the car.....I actually could of used 800 a few times....

The only I am bummed about, was there is an M&M billboard in Times Square, that is really cool and could not get a good shot of it without walking around a little...

By the way Times Square was really packed.

GenoP

4. Ptchfork

Ptchfork

Jul 8, 2007
    New York City
    Wow.... in 6 shots, you kicked every shot I've ever taken of my city away.

I have so much to learn

5. Thanks.

The D2Hs and 28 1.4D is a very big help.......

GenoP

6. I really like all of these. The colors are amazing. I especially like the picture of Radio City. Great series!

7. Thanks Rich!

GenoP

8. Very nice colors on these night shots Geno. I think your first image is particularly good.

9. Great treat for the eyes.
    Thanks Geno.

10. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    it was interesting that you shot carinos, my daughter worked at one of those for a good while last year. She's now at a more regional based operation, of which I hope to get some pics soon...

Doug

11. Thanks everyone,

as they were great fun.

GenoP