For Frank, 15 minutes start to finish (large pix)

Frank,

Since you expressed an interest in this style of editing but were concerned with the labor and time aspect, I thought I would take what I have learned and throw something together quickly to see what could be done. The learning curve is not too bad, once you get the hang of it. I did this picture from start to finish in about 15 minutes. It is rough, but it gives you a sense of what you can do. This is the second picture I have painted over now.

I invite anyone who wants to take the original photo off the web to do so and experiment with and re-post it here with your own personal treatment for comparison. Please have fun with it.

Here is the original image for you;

http://www.pbase.com/interactivephotos/image/46351356/original.jpg

Here is the original photograph;
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here is an oil painted version of the same picture;
View attachment 12155

Hope you enjoy this.

Scott

fks

hi scott-

neat effect. the waves came out pretty good, but the hair doesn't look right.

i saw something similar at a framing shop, you give them a photo and they'll "paint" it on canvas in acrylic i think. looked interesting, but a bit expensive.

ricky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Ricky,

Here is an adjusted image. I think it might be helpful for those not familiar with Paint to see the process of some of the changes that are possible. There is a lot in Paint that is not available in PS and vise versa. I smoothed out the hair and clothes a bit and painted out a bit more of the wave then gave it some depth to make it more like an oil painting look;

Thanks for your compliment and constructive critisizm regarding the hair. I liked the frizzy, curly look of the girl's hair in the original image and tried to bring it out in the painting. I smoothed it out a bit but I am not sure what it is you think was wrong about it. Could you please elaborate for me and I will try to fix it.

Thanks again.
Scott

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Okay Ricky, this is the image painted on canvas... just for you.

That'll be $5000 please... LOL :lol:

Scott u r having to much fun.. I like the paintings.
Go see some of Trimoons stuff.. Seach in the retouching forum, DPR

Hi Scott...

I love what you have done with those images and in 15 minutes. I have to give that a try...the results are absolutely excellant. Just another wonderful facet of photography. Thanks for taking the time to put it together and posting it for us.

This is fun

Here is my version

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom