For frugal lusters in southern CA.

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Chris101, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I was just at OPT, the photo and telescope shop in Oceanside, CA to buy a teleconverter (I bought the Kenko 1.5x.) In order to check out the lens, I wanted to shoot it at a large aperture so they pulled a new 'push pull' type 80-200 f/2.8 from the case. Just out of curiosity, I looked at the price tag and they were asking $499.99 for it, which seemed like a good deal, in case anyone in SoCa is looking for one.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Chris,

Sounds like a great buy. What brand was it?

BTW, I haven't seen any posts from you in a couple of days. We missed you. Where have you been? :?

Frank

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It;s the push-pull Nikkor, I wanted it after playing with it, and if I had $500 left on my credit card, I'd have it now.

It's Spring break this week and I am in Southern California, lapping up the sunshine, uh, I mean rain. This makes the last two times I've been here that there hasn't been any sun. This time no fog either, just rain and - cold?!?!

Oh, and I'm on a modem here, so pictures take a looong time to down/up-load so I haven't really been able to look at anything. Fortunately I DID download the contest photos, and that's why I'm burning phoneline today! :D

4. The push pull is a slow focuser, but that sucker is sharp! To be honest I've seen the two collar version sell for around $500-$550. I think the push pull shouldn't sell for more than $400. i was going to try and find a 2 collar off ebay, but since I got in my car accident, I had my insurance to buy me a 70-200 VR instead! :)

On a side note, I actually don't mind the rain right now. Since I can't walk outside (from my car accident) I don't feel so bad about the weather being so nice...haha!

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah, but it was raining the last time I was over too! I'm beginning to think I'm bringing it from ... Phoenix???

Oh, and the lens was 7 years old but brand new, not used. I know some people swear by the 'one-touch' style zoom, so I mentioned it. I don't know, however, how many people here are in Southern California.