1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

For frugal lusters in southern CA.

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Chris101, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I was just at OPT, the photo and telescope shop in Oceanside, CA to buy a teleconverter (I bought the Kenko 1.5x.) In order to check out the lens, I wanted to shoot it at a large aperture so they pulled a new 'push pull' type 80-200 f/2.8 from the case. Just out of curiosity, I looked at the price tag and they were asking $499.99 for it, which seemed like a good deal, in case anyone in SoCa is looking for one.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Chris,

Sounds like a great buy. What brand was it?

BTW, I haven't seen any posts from you in a couple of days. We missed you. Where have you been? :?

Frank

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It;s the push-pull Nikkor, I wanted it after playing with it, and if I had $500 left on my credit card, I'd have it now.

It's Spring break this week and I am in Southern California, lapping up the sunshine, uh, I mean rain. This makes the last two times I've been here that there hasn't been any sun. This time no fog either, just rain and - cold?!?!

Oh, and I'm on a modem here, so pictures take a looong time to down/up-load so I haven't really been able to look at anything. Fortunately I DID download the contest photos, and that's why I'm burning phoneline today! :D 

4. The push pull is a slow focuser, but that sucker is sharp! To be honest I've seen the two collar version sell for around $500-$550. I think the push pull shouldn't sell for more than $400. i was going to try and find a 2 collar off ebay, but since I got in my car accident, I had my insurance to buy me a 70-200 VR instead! :) 

On a side note, I actually don't mind the rain right now. Since I can't walk outside (from my car accident) I don't feel so bad about the weather being so nice...haha!

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah, but it was raining the last time I was over too! I'm beginning to think I'm bringing it from ... Phoenix???

Oh, and the lens was 7 years old but brand new, not used. I know some people swear by the 'one-touch' style zoom, so I mentioned it. I don't know, however, how many people here are in Southern California.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.