For Gordon Large

Discussion in 'Birds' started by JMartin, Oct 13, 2005.

1. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Hey Gordan,

You asked about places to shoot when you come down in December. Here are the shots from my days with the Ron Reznick training session at Ding Darling. Mind you I still have a long way to go in my skills, and I was only using a 70-200vr and 1.4 TC, but these are a few of the keepers:

Severly cropped Osprey
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

White Pelicans!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are a few of my keepers for you to get an idea. I haven't even taken the time to put my copyright info on them. May need to update that :tongue: - done: added a quick © on the images.

On a good note, my company (who paid half my training costs) liked several of the photos and want to use them in the 2006 calendar I am creating for us and they have a couple of my photos blown up to 30"x20", framed and mounted in our offices thoughout Florida!!

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2005
  2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I definitely agree on Ding Darling. Here are a few from the same session. Like Joe, my processing skills have improved since then, but at least you can get an idea of what is there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Highly recommended. :wink:

3. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hey Joe and Frank -

Nice shots guys! I do know Ding Darling - in fact I think I could drive around the loop with my eyes closed (although this will be the first visit with a camera instead of binocs). I have been wondering about what the hurricanes last year did to the refuge habitat and the number of birds, but Ron's session was after the last hurricane, right? So your photos are encouraging as well as good.

What I really wanted to know is what other good spots are within an hour or so drive in case I can sneak away from my family long enough. Or should I just spend all the time I can get at DD? FYI Gaye has some time then and will likely join me/us.

Joe - I've PM'd you.

Gordon