For Greyflash - St. George Temple/Zion's Weeping Rock

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

hans said:
Well I'm not Gordon but I love the second one

The first is a little to clean for me but that's just my opinion
I have gotten that a little too "clean" comment more than once. What is amazing it that there is absolutely no noise reduction at all preformed - just less aggressive sharpening and here is the real kicker - the lens was the 24-120 VR infamous for being less than the sharpest nikkor. I'm always amazed how smooth, but sharp, this image looks - I processed it more than once to make sure noise reduction was off (I haven't even bothered to clone out the sensor dust.)

Chris101 said:
Maybe you should add some noise Chad. ... :) Just kidding - I rarely like that effect.I like 'em both. The droplets in the waterfall are great!
I was under the waterfall getting quite wet trying to handhold 1/25 second - I was quite shocked that the cascading water was not captured with more lateral movement than it was.

Hi Chad, I think the image of the temple is stunning. I assume you took this late evening but would be interested in any other technical details, including WB. Did you use a perspective crop? Just excellent.

greyflash said:
Hi Chad, I think the image of the temple is stunning. I assume you took this late evening but would be interested in any other technical details, including WB. Did you use a perspective crop? Just excellent.
Hey Greyflash. I preset the WB off the structure with my 70-200 + TC zoomed all the way in and went across the street with my 24-120 VR. Tripod mounted (left VR on) I used the perspective crop (not sure it is quite straight). I must say you have a very good eye to catch that. I submitted the image for free use to the LDS church after I cloned out the dust spots - I'm hoping that it can be used by them in some capacity. Forgot to change the af mode but it turned out ok, anyway. Here is the exif -
Nikon D70
Focal Length: 35mm
Optimize Image: Custom
Color Mode: Mode Ia (sRGB)
Noise Reduction: OFF
2005/03/12 07:18:46
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Preset
Tone Comp: Less Contrast
RAW (12-bit) Lossless
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
AF Mode: AF-C
Hue Adjustment: 0°
Image Size: Large (2000 x 3008)
2 sec - F/11
Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
Saturation: Normal
Exposure Comp.: -0.3 EV
Sharpening: None
Lens: VR 24-120mm F/3.5-5.6 G
Sensitivity: ISO 200

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom