For Illiah-Monitor Calibration

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, Sep 4, 2005.

1. I'm using the Parhelia dual digital monitor card and have calibrated my main 19" monitor (a Sony) with The Gretag Macbeth Eye-One Display. Is there any way to calibrate the second monitor?

The reason is I'm working through Margulis' LAB book. Yee haa! does it do wonders with dull days and washed out images...and I'm only on chapter one. This book is worth every penny. I just modified a picture of a hazy Niagara Falls image viewed through a 300mm with a 2x TC. Wow, what a difference.

I'd like to compare before and after but the 19" Dell (the right hand one containing the command windows) is no where near the Sony in color, since the Sony has been calibrated....Or is the only way to adjuct the colors on the Dell manually to get as close a match as I can with the calibrated Sony?

By the way, my second image editing took about 45 seconds to perfect. The bad news is I need to go back and pop up about 200-300 images I've done over the last few years which need re-work. Thanks for the tip!

Rich

2. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Dear Rich,

I'm not sure this will work with your video card; but normally all you need is to drag EyeOne screen to the second monitor before starting the process of calibration. This should work with any video card that has 2 LUTs (and 2 DACs).

BTW, Dan is complaining that nearly nobody gave any feedback yet past page 100 :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
  3. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
  4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Now im a going to have to buy yet another book.........

5. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Dear Gale,

You should look into my closet...

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dear Iliah,
    Just ordered the BOOK.....Do you have a tiny shelf to lend :>))

heehee had a 25 dollar gift certificate for gathering 2500 points at amazon on the amazon card. Guess I have a few books :>)))

Cheers

7. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Dear Gale, my wife just arrived from HomeDepot with a piece of polywood... I know how I will start the Labour Day.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dear Iliah,

Hide key to the car on holiday weekends.

Oh by the way. Had to clean off my C partition and lost RML... Could you PM me the link to reinstall it.

Thanks in advance.