For my good friend Bob....57 Corvette

Bob was amaster at these and has made a wonderful and welcome return to the cafe....

I hope this might encourage him to produce one of the images I oved so much.....

Great fun to do

Best wishes

Ray

57 Buick 58 Bonneville.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
57 Buick 58 Bonneville v2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Love the cars and the nostalgia of thee 50's........great time for music and rides. Thank you for posting Ray, always greatly appreciated. Been a long time since I have seen a car hope......

Love the cars and the nostalgia of thee 50's........great time for music and rides. Thank you for posting Ray, always greatly appreciated. Been a long time since I have seen a car hope......

Thanks Bob...I am hoping this draws you out of photoshop retirement!!!

Very best wishes

Ray

Read the hubcaps Ray.
It's a Pontiac, not a Buick.
Many thanks for clarifying...

I was going by the advert which I attached above which provided the description for the auction where the car was sold...

Thanks for clarifying...

Very best wishes Ray

Bob was amaster at these and has made a wonderful and welcome return to the cafe....

I hope this might encourage him to produce one of the images I oved so much.....

Great fun to do

Best wishes

Ray

View attachment 1673324 View attachment 1673325

Very well done. I too am a fan of Bob's work. He is a master of Topaz. Curious Ray. I know you added to the picture but wondering if this is a real restaurant somewhere? It looks like it would be one of those old places on Route 66.

Very well done. I too am a fan of Bob's work. He is a master of Topaz. Curious Ray. I know you added to the picture but wondering if this is a real restaurant somewhere? It looks like it would be one of those old places on Route 66.
Hi Melissa...

Lovely to hear from you.

I don't think this is a real restaurant as I googled and found a few of these which look to be almost vector like in appearance....so sad to say I really do not think it is real but it made a great backdrop!

Very best wishes and stay safe

Ray

JLH

Its a fun picture, a mix of reality and dreams. Of course the cafe' is a "V-8" engine, what those monstrous boats from that time period needed to move them.. The roof supports being engine connecting rods (leaned out as they would be in an engine) and you can see the bottoms of the pistons on top of the rods. Over that are the valve covers and on top are the spark plugs. Then all the old gas pumps in the background. Fitting, those old over weight road barges were very thirsty!
The colors give the feel for that period of time and that '58 Pontiac, big, over stuffed and over chromed, is pure Harvey Earl. Yes, its got 1950's all over it.
Nice job, for sure.

Its a fun picture, a mix of reality and dreams. Of course the cafe' is a "V-8" engine, what those monstrous boats from that time period needed to move them.. The roof supports being engine connecting rods (leaned out as they would be in an engine) and you can see the bottoms of the pistons on top of the rods. Over that are the valve covers and on top are the spark plugs. Then all the old gas pumps in the background. Fitting, those old over weight road barges were very thirsty!
The colors give the feel for that period of time and that '58 Pontiac, big, over stuffed and over chromed, is pure Harvey Earl. Yes, its got 1950's all over it.
Nice job, for sure.

Thank you so much JLH....really appreciated.

Best wishes Ray

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom