For my "greeting card" collection...

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Frits, Sep 13, 2005.

1. I like to personalize my greeting cards, like I am sure many here do.
    I like this spontaneous shot. As my wife and I were finishing our wine after a nice dinner, I saw a shot in front of me. Got the camera, shot the scene "as is" under a mix of incandescent and halogen light (=warm). Then I toyed with it in PSCS and came up with this "future greeting card".

Frits

2. JMartin

JMartin Guest

I like it a lot Frits, very warm and inviting... in fact, if I weren't about to start working I would go pour myself a glass of wine.

Thank you for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2005
  3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Looks unnatural to me - I NEVER have seen a bottle of wine on my table with a cork in it!! *LOL* I have however seen many empty ones!!

Great treatment of a great pic. I also love the vintage.

5. Very sharp observation, Sandi :biggrin: :biggrin:
    This was one (rare :biggrin: ) instance where we capped the bottle without finishing it. Also, from an artistic perspective the pic. would have looked better with the cork on the table (near the opener or something). But, as stated, it was a spontaneous moment and not a conscious set-up.

6. Happens to me more often since my wife is pregnant and I have to drink alone. But I vacuumize the bottle and when kept cool it stays well for many days.

BTW - I like the pic very much; guess I have to open another Chateau Belair tonight :smile:

Cheers

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That's a very nice image, Frits. You have a wonderful eye for putting this image together and tweeking it in post-processing. Very nicely done.