Finally got around to naming my Nook.

...naming my...

...naming my...

...naming my...

5964517142_727f2f6c0c_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5964501309_2d768413d1_b.jpg

Remote access to The Library...only way to go. No, really. :biggrin:

5933952761_5ecf28bef6_b.jpg

Not to worry, Howard...you're not the only geek in the room. I use TARDIS to send files to Gallifrey. Feel better now? :tongue:

If anyone ever tells you you're weird, just agree with them and know you're not alone. :wink:

Oh, yeah..the main ringtone on my phone is the DW theme, the one for my son is the sonic screwdriver, and of course the one for my ex-husband is, "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" (Fitting, don't you think? :biggrin:)

Dianne! I didn't realize you were a DW fan! Coooooool. (I always knew I liked you. :biggrin:)

Did you see the video I did? I posted it a while back:

Party in the TARDIS

It's sort of Doctor Who meets Rock Band. Yes, this is proof positive that I'm a geek and I have no life (as if the photos weren't proof enough). Hmmmmm...and I wonder why it's so tough to find a guy who has much in common with me. :rolleyes:

Dianne! I didn't realize you were a DW fan! Coooooool. (I always knew I liked you. :biggrin:)

Did you see the video I did? I posted it a while back:

Party in the TARDIS

It's sort of Doctor Who meets Rock Band. Yes, this is proof positive that I'm a geek and I have no life (as if the photos weren't proof enough). Hmmmmm...and I wonder why it's so tough to find a guy who has much in common with me. :rolleyes:

actually, I didn't know what it was - just thought it was funny "tardis" well another word for always being late - I probably missed the real humor but the video is good too - I'll have to view it on the other computer so that I can hear it.

actually, I didn't know what it was - just thought it was funny "tardis" well another word for always being late - I probably missed the real humor but the video is good too - I'll have to view it on the other computer so that I can hear it.

Well...okay, I like you anyway. :tongue:

TARDIS stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space and is the Doctor's means of transport; his home planet is Gallifrey. (Hence using the TARDIS to send files to Gallifrey amuses me. Yes, I'm easily amused.) The Library joke is a bit more involved, and it really helps to have seen the episode for that one.

The video makes more sense if you're familiar with the show, but I'm glad you liked it anyway! :biggrin:

Well...okay, I like you anyway. :tongue:

TARDIS stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space and is the Doctor's means of transport; his home planet is Gallifrey. (Hence using the TARDIS to send files to Gallifrey amuses me. Yes, I'm easily amused.) The Library joke is a bit more involved, and it really helps to have seen the episode for that one.

The video makes more sense if you're familiar with the show, but I'm glad you liked it anyway! :biggrin:

awwww shucks, :26: I'm betting my boys will know something about it! I'll check out the video some more too -

They'll never top Tom Baker.

:wink:

Tom Baker was my Doctor for a long time...right up until David Tennant. I still have a soft spot for #4, though. :smile: Smith is okay, and I can't wait for the season to resume, but he's still not MY Doctor.

awwww shucks, I'm betting my boys will know something about it! I'll check out the video some more too

:biggrin:

Tom Baker was my Doctor for a long time...right up until David Tennant. I still have a soft spot for #4, though. :smile: Smith is okay, and I can't wait for the season to resume, but he's still not MY Doctor.

My favorite Doctors are Tom Baker (#4), Christopher Eccleston (#9), and David Tennant (#10). Not sure how I feel about Matt Smith as yet since I haven't been watching regularly for a long time.

What I do like about the current incarnation, though, is the appearance of River Song as a recurring character, played by Alex Kingston. I've liked her ever since she appeared in ER.

TARDIS stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space and is the Doctor's means of transport; his home planet is Gallifrey.

A bit more.....

The TARDIS, which is bigger on the inside than the outside, is disguised as a blue police box:

TARDIS2.jpg

And my reference to K9 is to the Doctor's mechanical dog:

K9.jpg

My favorite Doctors are Tom Baker (#4), Christopher Eccleston (#9), and David Tennant (#10). Not sure how I feel about Matt Smith as yet since I haven't been watching regularly for a long time.

What I do like about the current incarnation, though, is the appearance of River Song as a recurring character, played by Alex Kingston. I've liked her ever since she appeared in ER.

River rocks. :cool:

If you haven't been following this season, you really should be--she's been a dominant character, and the last episode before the season break revealed who she really is.

River rocks. :cool:

If you haven't been following this season, you really should be--she's been a dominant character, and the last episode before the season break revealed who she really is.

Haven't been able to follow the current season because I've been spending almost all my time at my girlfriend's place and the cable tv package she has does not get the BBC channel.

DUH! Now I know what it is! "DR WHO" I used to watch that but haven't in yrs with 4 others competing for the TV. Geez, I'm having a real "doorknob" day.:redface:

See, I KNEW you were okay in my book. :tongue:

Once nice thing here is that there is no TV competition. I own it, I choose what's on it--and there's also that magic power button that turns it OFF. (A lot of people don't realize TVs come with that feature. :rolleyes:)

I was at a party last night for one of my coworkers from a previous job. Another coworker from that job was there and had just gotten back from London where she had seen the play Much Ado About Nothing starring David Tennant and Catherine Tate (who played Donna Noble against Tennant in last season's Dr Who). How cool is that!!!! According to her, the play was great and Tennant was a blast, occasionally going a bit off script to have some fun with the character and the audience.

Latest threads

Top Bottom