1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. The Nikon Cafe and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.nikoncafe.com/help/terms

Older transaction feedback (left prior to the new system) can be found in our Feedback Archive.

2. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

COMPLETED For Sale: Nikon 500mm f/4G ED VR | price lowered

Discussion in 'Member BST Completed Listings' started by Butlerkid, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    What type of listing is this?

For Sale

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

Nikon 500mm f/4G ED VR

What are your prices?

$4,100

Where are you located?

USA

Where are you willing to to ship?

CONUS

Description

Quote from Steve Perry:
    "Karen was just on my Costa Rica workshop and I saw this lens in person and it's everything she says it is. Buy with confidence! "

LOVE this lens! But I don't anticipate shooting much wildlife for a while. It's time to re-think my photography goals and lenses.

Lens has only been used about 3 weeks per year! The glass is in excellent shape. My photos don't show how like-new the glass really is! (I need Mike's skills for that!)

AF is quick and accurate. Lens barrel is in very good shape. Everything functions great.

Here is a photo I took with this lens in January this year. The photo (natural light - no flash BTW) should tell you all you want to know about the quality of this lens!
    _8502584_DxO-X3.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There are a few paint scuffs where the metal hood fastened onto the lens. I have been using a LensCoat flexible hood now for several years. There is a light scratch near where the lens connects to the camera. Been there since I bought it. Please see pictures below. Lens is beautiful!

Includes:
    CT-502Metal case (used only to store the lens). I had the case for my 200-400 which I sold years ago. I moved a few styrofoam blocks to accommodate the 500mm.

Nikon lens foot
    RRS LCF-16 lens foot
    Lenscoat
    Nikon soft lens cover
    AquaTech lens cap
    LensCoat flexible hood

I'd prefer a cashier's check over PP. And if we are really lucky, we could meet up, you could examine the lens and you could have it in your hands without dealing with USPS, UPS or FedEx. Let's talk! $4100 price excludes PP, shipping to CONUS only, and insurance.

Due to the value of this lens, I prefer to deal with established members. Please PM with any questions.

Payment accepted
    Cashier's check preferred

Shipping method
    Meet up in person if possible

Shipping charge

To be discussed is meet up not possible

Handling time

Immediately after payment is completed.

References

Very positive references both here and on FM.

Additional comments

Open to reasonable offers below asking price, Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address, Will only ship to the address indicated on PayPal payment

Acknowledgement

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    i-xSzJrNK-X2.jpg

i-sJfDdGh-X2.jpg

i-62vGQwJ-X2.jpg

i-w9Vv6CK-X2.jpg

i-rKVWHTJ-X2.jpg

i-xPjXkfQ-X2.jpg

i-tTWgtt4-X2.jpg

i-6KX5vjQ-X2.jpg

3. This is a great deal. You know I already have one if not I would drive up there and pick it up.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. I LOVED that lens, whom ever buys it will no doubt fall in love too, super lens and a great price...................

5. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Quote from Steve Perry:

"Karen was just on my Costa Rica workshop and I saw this lens in person and it's everything she says it is. Buy with confidence! "

6. that is a very low price for this lens in this condition. I wouldn't go any lower, it will sell, be patient

btw, I have the e version and IQ is equal

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yes, I agree with the guys....that's a very decent price for this superb lens.

Good luck with your sale...I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet -- it's going to make some member very happy...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.