1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

For Sale

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Continuing Maestro Chris' art theme for the week. One from yesterday.

[​IMG]

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Uh, ... What's for sale? Oh, the lost Pollacks!

I love this picture!

ps, I was recently told that all painters go through a 'thrown paint' stage.

3. I've never seen any tossed paint that approaches his though.

Great photo!

4. Yeah, I did it once in college (threw some paint for an art class:biggrin:) ! Unfortunately for a lot of young artists they confuse crudeness with technique. Oh and I like the image too. At first I was doubtful about the cars in the background but somehow they add to the immediacy and "streetness" of the pic - no?

Thanks Ed but the he is a she and a very good looking one at that! What attracted me to take this was the contradiction between her femininity and her clothes and the direct albeit stoic confidence of her posture!

5. By his I meant Pollock. :biggrin:

I like how b&w brought out the textures in her paintings.

6. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Very nice. B&W certainly the right choice for this shot.

7. Yeah, Ed I stepped on this one a bit - upped the contrast to darken the blacks and brighten the whites - h-m-m, almost sounds like a detergent commercial!:biggrin:

Oh yeah, color would make this a completely different image.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.