For some of us, an important destination this weekend....

The brand-new Apple store that opened on Saturday at the beautiful European-style outdoor Bridge Street Town Centre!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Since I stayed in Huntsville yesterday, to top off a relaxing afternoon I went over to the mall for a second peek at the new store (having been there on the very busy Opening Day) and after a great dinner at Connors, walked around the area a bit, which gave me an idea..... Today, before getting on the highway to head towards home I stopped again at the Centre, this time with camera in hand.....

I'm in Christiansburg, VA tonight and will be continuing onward towards home tomorrow. Haven't been able to do much in the way of processing images yet, but stay tuned!

I bet you wouldn't have missed that Connie :smile:.
I look forward to your images.
I posted a few but am off to Chicago this morning. I will be back late Thursday and will post some people shots over the weekend.

It was great to hang out with you again and I look forward to see you again next year.
Travel safely!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How 'bout that? I didn't buy a thing!!!! Actually, though, the second time I went in there I did intend to buy a copy of Aperture (full version) to stick into my MacBook Air, but the store didn't have any -- they only had the upgrade version, and that wouldn't do me any good. Now I'll just wait until I get home and go ahead and use the disks I have there to install it. I had thought of doing that before leaving home but ran out of time. Last night I tinkered with iPhoto to see how that works for PP but I really, really prefer Aperture. The MBA will support it, but of course it won't be as fast as on my other machines.

As for buying anything else.....WWDC is just around the corner and we'll see what new goodies (if any) Apple has to offer us at that time.....

Frits, it was just great tootling around with you and the Dude!! I thoroughly enjoyed it! Many thanks for providing transportation for me and my gear to all the different sites! I am already looking forward to seeing you next year and to meeting Anne!

For others this was

The truly important destination, CharBucks! :biggrin:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Connie, Allison, and I went to the Apple store on opening day (Saturday). And I DID buy something, but not the MBP that some were hoping for...I made it out for $35. Connie, I was kind of surprised that you didn’t bring your camera when we went…and I never thought about it myself. I’m glad to see that you went back.

Ah, absolutely right, Dude, Starbucks was also an important destination!!! :biggrin:

Um, well, as far as having "everything" in the way of Apple/Mac gear, not quite, just almost! :biggrin: Now that I'm back home again I'll be post-processing my images on the Mac Pro tomorrow and the next day (weather permitting!) and after that, in the next little while I will go ahead and install Aperture into the MBA in anticipation of future trips.

Mason, when we set out to go to the Apple store I had no idea what a gorgeous environment it lives in! Second visit there I didn't think to take a camera, either, as I was more focused on having a meal and just looking around.....third time was the charm! DUH!!! I had a lot of fun shooting a few photos around there before getting in the car to head out of town.

What that high-end shopping area needs that it doesn't already have is a good camera shop -- one which caters to professionals and serious amateurs as well as to P&S consumers. I'll bet such a shop would do well there!

I have heard a lot about that shopping center. My husband is an Architectural Hardware Consultant and did the project managing on all the doors and hardware for that center. He has told me what a nice place it was going to be and said that we would have to make the trip over and visit it some day soon. Seeing this Apple store (that he somehow forgot to mention) makes me want to take him up on his offer sooner than later!

It is truly one of the loveliest shopping centers I have ever seen! The European-style buildings, the bridge, the water, the boats and gondola....just wonderful! Definitely it is worth a trip to see!

The new Apple store is one of the standard-sized ones (ie, no extra training/theatre area) and it has all the goodies, from software to machines, from iPhones to iPods..... The staff is very nice and very helpful, too. A fun place to go!

I grew up in Huntsville and now live in LA (lower Alabama), actually Auburn, Go Tigers, I am amazed every time I go to see my parents all the changes. It has truly changed into a very nice city. I plan on moving back some day. If you want to see something really pretty there, wait until Fall and go through Jones Valley, on the south east side of town, it is nearly breathtaking. All of the farmland and such, really makes the trees stand out. Also, as far as beautiful locations go, Big Spring Park is very nice in the Fall as well. I took my family out there last Fall and got some really good stuff.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom