For the railfans on the "cafe"

Here's a few to enjoy. Different eras and of course different equiptment. The only constant was that it was always Nikon and Kodachrome 64. As a personal favorite, the Nikon F-5 is the most superb camera I've ever used. My D2X can't touch it.

For the electric locomotive fans, we have a set of Conrail GG-1's rolling southbound thru Elizabeth, N.J. Nikon FM 50mm f1.4 AIS

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

a

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for not calling us foamers :biggrin: Those are some really killer pictures. The CSX pig train is the top one for me.

I miss the color schemes of the fallen flags. I wish I had taken more pictures then.

Regards,
John

The G's

The Conrail G's were taken 11/1978. Here's an Amtrak version.

Those are all great shots. I love the old trains the variety of colors they were painted in. I wish I had done a lot of train photography years ago when I lived in NE PA and got to see the trains all of the time.

The GG-1 is real sweet, but I also appreciated the Erie Lackawanna pic as I am from a part of NE PA which was just a few miles south of Lackawanna County and used to see these trains often years ago.

PGB

Thanks for sharing. My son Ben will love to see these.

Cheers,

Glad you liked 'em!

I was hoping others would add to the thread. I love to see what other fans are upto with their cameras and such.

A couple more for your viewing pleasure....................

And last up, the Conrail Office Car Special (executive train ) storms along at Enon Valley, Pennsylvania Nikon F-5 AF 85mm f1.8 D Kodachrome 64

Those are all good train images. The Amtrak GG1 showes how Amtrak was struggling to keep equipment running and was not washing the GG1's. Look at how clean the ATSF 97 is along with the other locomotives in the consist as a comparison.

The ATSF 97 is FP45 that was gotten from Amtrak.

Those are super shots for I love trains and you sure have a nice set
of pictures, I really like the Chessie for I have a G scale of that with
the caboose.

Thanks for sharing,
Phil.............:smile:

Next, a pair of Erie-Lackawanna EMD's show off their "Bi-Centennial" paint scheme. Photo shot in 1976 at Croxton yard, Secaucus, N.J.
This is a real nice image. That is great that you were able to capture and preserve the special paint job on these trains.

A Few More........................

I'm happy you enjoyed the photos. Have another Chessie shot.

A pair of Chessie geeps rest at Elizabeth, N.J. Nikon FM 50mm f1.4 AIS Kodachrome 64

Next, a Delaware & Hudson ALCo Century 628 stares you in the face at Colonie, N.Y. Nikon F-3HP 50mm f1.4 AIS Kodachrome 64

View attachment 389531

and last up, a set of Norfolk Southern EMD SD-80MAC's still lettered for Conrail speed west at Cassandra, Pa. Nikon F-5 AF 300mm f2.8 Kodachrome 64

View attachment 389532

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom