1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

For those in the Baltimore area

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaws, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
  2. So what's the best place to eat in Baltimore?
    Rules:
    1. It can't be a chain. But local restaurants with more than one location are okay. Example: Izzo's Illegal Burrito in Baton Rouge, LA has three places in BR and is opening more in other Louisiana cities, but they only have one owner.
    2. It should not be a place that you can't just walk into and eat. (no planning ahead and getting dressed up)
    3. It should (ideally)serve local specialties and have some local food item that it is known for.

3. Hard to compare Louisiana to Baltimore, but lots of local mom and pop delis, local seafood.

4. doobes

doobes

Aug 15, 2006
    Reston, VA
    +1 on that statement. But saying that Baltimore definitely has more to choose from than Northern VA, chain restaurant heaven. Other than Kabob places, and nothing wrong with that, most everything you are going find up here are variations on a theme frozen food.

As a result, I've become a MUCH better cook and we eat in a LOT more than when we lived outside of New Orleans

5. I saw a series on the food channel on diners with that crazy blond haired guy who raved over a particular diner in Baltimore, near the airport as I recall. The locals raved about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.