For those interested

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Paul.r.lindqvist, Aug 5, 2007.

1. I just posted a first impression of the Zeiss 100mm/2 Makro planar @*DPreview

2. Wow that lens is amazing!

3. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    THanks, Paul!

4. Shooter

Shooter

May 7, 2007
    New York
    Nice shots Paul, Zeiss glass is good stuff.

5. Thanx guys, thought some people might find it interesting to see some snaps from the Zeiss.

/Paul L.

6. Nice shots with that lens Paul.

7. That's an amazing lens. How much did it run you? Seeing that you used it with a D2X would it work on any other Nikon SLRs? Great pictures btw.

8. Thanx the price in sweden is roughly 2300 usd. It will work on the D2x and the D200/S5 Pro.

Eventhough i gave up using it on the d200, vf is to small for me.

9. Nice shots! I wish they made it AF.

Anthony

10. Thanx.

Yea it would probebly sell alot more. For me MF is actually something i prefer for the kind of work i do.

11. wow

is it the lens or the photographer, those shots are stunning. there is a certain level of depth to them which i think is afforded by the micro contrast which makes details look 3-D - the color is quite nice as well. how much is this lens ? does it meter ?

12. In sweden the it retails for 2300 USD. The lens does meter on D200 and D2 series. However it doesnt fully support 3d matrix from what iv read.

Thanx

13. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Paul, the DPReview thread just gets longer and longer and is now beginning to spread to the other Zeiss lenses that you have. It's interesting reading and I appreciate your reviews of the lenses--so please keep them coming.

14. Glad you find them interesting enough. .-)

Will post both the 25mm 35mm next weekend if all goes as planned.

15. I'm actually glad the ZFs aren't AF. I'm sure they knew that if they were AF they would sell a lot more, but they decided not to.

How are you enjoying the ZF 85 1.4? I have one on order.

16. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

first of all, Paul. u r an excellent photog. i think any lens would fare well in your hands...wonderful glass indeed,,,these images are just yummy. still baffles me why they haven't put out an AF version of these fine lenses....;-))

17. Yea for me MF is great.

Zeiss 85mm/1,4
    Im starting to like it more and more. It does have a steeper learning curve then the nikkor counterpart for sure. But once you mastered it, its a wonderful lens.

I always shoot raw with 0 in camera sharpnening, and used diffrent ammounts of usm depending on the output. (even for websized images)

Now i simply dont need to apply any sharpening to my websized images. They look oversharpened if i do.

Here is a photo taken with the D2x and the Zeiss 85mm/1,4
    1/250s F/5,6 No sharpening applied in pp or camera.

[​IMG]

Thanx Nute, well from what iv gathered its mainly 2 things keeping them from it. License for the AF mount, and manual focus.

If your to make a af lens effective the gearing on the af is much faster and not as smooth and precise if you use your AF lens in manual. With a lens designed for manual focus you get a much lower geared focusing and much smoother and precise.

So i actually prefer the manual design instead of a AF lens. Cause there is simply no comparison of focusing manual with any of Nikons AF primes.

18. Sunesha

Sunesha

May 3, 2007
    Malmoe, Sweden
    Looking forward for this impressions, if you throw in some very textured snaps I would love it.

I am very intrested in them. The snaps I saw I like how smooth, micro-contrast the snaps has. It looks to my eyes that they render diffrences more nice and gives a good 3d look. I saw test beetween nikkor 24 against zeiss 25 and the zeiss really impressed.

Thanks for sharing those.

Cheers,
    Daniel

19. Paul,
    seen the shot you took of the 100 F/2 in the opening of post, I'd really think you should be hired in Zeiss in Marketing Dept.. Probably you shot it better than what Zeiss did... :smile:
    What I liked a lot was the "watery" effect of the boys' eyes..

B E A U T I F U L