For those of you who have purchased the 70-200mm VR recentley

Where did you guys buy yours at and in what state?

I live in Washington and just about every store has them back ordered.

Just wondering where you guys have gotten yours, thanks.

I was just at Cameras West in Bellevue, WA (NE 20th Street I think) yesterday and I think they had a couple. You could give them a call. They had some fairly rare stuff, like a 200-400 zoom, 14-24, 200 f/4 micro, etc.

Rockingham, NC (Currently in Afghanistan)
Bought mine at the end of May from www.allenscamera.com They had 5 in stock when all other places were backordered. I think the fact that they don't have online ordering keeps their stock levels manageable. Very competitive prices as well. In fact, all my 'Pro' glass has come from these guys... 70-200/2.8, 85/1.4, and my most recent (received yesterday) 17-55/2.8. Google them to get their number, and give them a call. I highly recommend them.

A second for Allen's Camera. They seem to have most hard to find Nikon items in stock most of the time. They still will not have the long, large aperture lenses in until after the Olympics as most of these lensesare going to NPS for the summer games. They should have the 70-200VR in stock and will gladly ship it to you.

Give them a call @ 1-888-547-2841 just keep in mind the time zone difference as Allen's is in southeastern (Levittown) PA. They are open M-Th from 9:30 to 6, Fri 9:30 to 8 and Sat 10-3. They are very courteous and knowledgeable.

Arlington Camera in where else, but Arlington, Tx. I was on a waiting list for about 3 weeks though. But I have it now!!!

Got mine a couple of months ago from B&H. Old style box FWIW.

I registered to get notified when it was in stock. They sent me an email - I bought it.

Murphy's Camera

I got mine at Murphy's Camera in Lexington, KY less than one month ago. They had another one in stock. It did not come in the gold box. It came in a box with many lenses pictured on it.

I got mine at B&H about 6 months. Usually I'll go to the store since I'm in the areas, but there are times that I've purchased online from them as well........and had no issues.

Thanks guys, I had checked with Camera West last night and they said I could come in and buy it and then they would order it from another store and have it shipped there. But I'll give Talls and Ritz a call at the Bellvue mall, I figured they wouldnt have them in stock cause no other ritz's did but hopefully they do!

Got mine two weeks ago in Nashua, NH @ Cameraland. They only had one in stock, claimed it came in the day before.

I got the box with the lenses on it.

Reasonable price and great service.

Thanks guys, I had checked with Camera West last night and they said I could come in and buy it and then they would order it from another store and have it shipped there. But I'll give Talls and Ritz a call at the Bellvue mall, I figured they wouldnt have them in stock cause no other ritz's did but hopefully they do!

I don't know how Ritz stays in business with their inflated prices. Just checked, and they sell the 70-200 for $1799

I don't know how Ritz stays in business with their inflated prices. Just checked, and they sell the 70-200 for $1799

Yeah but so does every other camera store that I've been to in WA (Talls, Glazer's, Camera West and Ritz/Kits). In fact the only place I've seen it cheaper is at B&H and it seems like it's always out of stock.

Yeah but so does every other camera store that I've been to in WA (Talls, Glazer's, Camera West and Ritz/Kits). In fact the only place I've seen it cheaper is at B&H and it seems like it's always out of stock.

As mentioned above, give Allen's Camera a call. It's possible they're out of stock as well, but they had 5 copies when I bought mine a couple months ago.

A friend of mine bought one from B&H a month ago. He received the old style box with the pictures of lenses on it. If anyone has received the newer, gold box I would like to read about it.

How much has everyone been paying for this lens? Probably more than the low B&H price.

$1749 + tax from my local store. A bit more than I would have from the "other" place but they treat me well and I like having a local store with a good selection that lets me try before buying, so I don't mind paying the piper once in a while.

Latest threads

Top Bottom