1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

For those planning on buying the NX2 update

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by StL_Don, Jul 22, 2008.

1. For the same $109.95 that Nikon charges to download a product key you can order the retail box from Amazon complete with disk and printed user manual.

It appears the manual is the same as the PDF, but has the advantage of being easier to take with you to the john. :smile:

Don

2. Don, that's exactly why I ordered the "boxed" version. My only issue is that I ordered it from Nikon Mall and at the time it showed the upgrade version "in stock." The same day, later, I get an e-mail that they are temporarily out of stock. Nikon Mall still shows the boxed version out of stock, but Amazon shows in stock. Looked at B&H a few hours ago and they are out of stock.

Anybody know why? Did Nikon fail to manufacture enough copies or is there a "run" on NX2?

Thanks.

3. Well dang! :frown:
    I was planning on ordering this week from B&H myself.
    Oh well, I still have 34 days remaining on the trial version. I hope they restock pretty soon though.

MikeT

4. Lemme get this straight: you guys are taking the box into the can? :biggrin:

No wonder women don't want to be associated with us. :frown:

5. I prefer the term "the library" instead. Women will automatically know you will be in the library for a while.:biggrin:

Shoot, some classy folks even have magazine racks in there.:biggrin:

MikeT

6. My wife leaves/stashes catalogs in our , . . er, library! My son and I prefer National Geos.

I remember seeing a TV show (This Old House, perhaps, ?) where they had a TV screen viewable from your favorite "library chair". Now that's class!

7. I just checked availability on Amazon, and it says that the boxed version ships in "1 to 2 MONTHS". Sigh.

8. As an update, gentlemen, I called Nikon Mall this morning to check on my order, and was told my "boxed version" of the upgrade is on the way (as of 7/22). Just received the UPS tracking number a couple of hours ago.

Does this mean they have more in stock...no idea. But (no pun intended), I at least have "library" material coming. Just glad I don't have the outhouse anymore.

9. Yeah, right. :biggrin:

10. Don,
    I just checked on Amazon and it shows the upgrade version for $109.95 and the full version below it for $168.88. Did they change the price or something?:confused: 

My new D300 I just purchased came with a 30 day trial version of NX1. So I'm going to need to purchse the full version.

MikeT

11. I just got my shipping notice from Amazon (actually J&R). Thanks, Don!

12. I received my boxed version from Amazon/J&R last week. It took only 1 or 2 days to arrive.

:smile:

13. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    thanks for the heads up Don, box upgrade on the way!

14. Phil in Idaho

Phil in Idaho

Apr 1, 2008
    Idaho
    A bit late to the dance but same story here. Ordered from Nikon weeks ago - back ordered - but got an email two days ago - the update in in the mail!

Cheers!

Phil

15. I bought my upgrade copy from ImageMixer as a digital download.

As for 'library' reading with a PDF... has anyone heard of a laptop? :)  (Kidding!)

Paul

16. TomaS

TomaS

Aug 3, 2006
    Corrales, NM
    Appreciate the heads up on Amazon. I ordered my upgrade Friday morning (7/25), it shipped the same day, and my tracking link says delivery on 7/31 (east coast to NM). Nice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.