For those who are running CS3 on OS 10.5

I'm looking at upgrading to a new MacBook Pro with OS10.5 and have heard of some issues running CS3. Any and all input will be appreciated. What say you?

I'm running CS3 on Leopard both on my Mac Pro desktop and MacBook Pro. No issues for me with the latest Adobe and Apple software updates.

I say go for it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm running CS3 on Leopard both on my Mac Pro desktop and MacBook Pro. No issues for me with the latest Adobe and Apple software updates.

I say go for it!
Thanks so much Scott, just waiting to get the good word so I can pull the trigger. BTW what do you have in your MBP, is it 15" or 17 etc?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm using a current-gen MBP with PS CS3 on 10.5.4 with no issues. It's an awesome setup :smile:
Thans Jason, what are the specs on your MBP, the new 15" MBP I'm looking at will have 2.5ghz processor, 200gb 7200sata drive, 4gigs ram and a glossy screen. Any other/additional recommendations?

Thans Jason, what are the specs on your MBP, the new 15" MBP I'm looking at will have 2.5ghz processor, 200gb 7200sata drive, 4gigs ram and a glossy screen. Any other/additional recommendations?
I have the 2.4GHz 15" with 4GB, standard 200GB hdd and matte screen. One suggestion, upgrade the RAM to 4GB yourself (from Newegg or somewhere), instead of ordering it that way. It'll save you around $100.

R

RGB Bob

Same here, CS3 10.0.1 runs like clockwork on my Mac Pro as well as the MBP. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ihave a 17" MacBookPro (about 3 months old now) and run CS3 (about 2 months old!) and everything working perfectly

If your getting a MBP to do editing on, get the matte screen. NOT the glossy. the glossy screen over saturates your colors and gives you deeper blacks. so in other words, you aren't seeing the true colors. it just makes them look better. so to you, the picture will be nice.... but to people with out the exact same screen, won't see what you did. that is coming straight from an Apple Genius.

just my .02

S

SkatetoPunk

currently using mbp less than a month old 4gigs of ram 10.5.4 and cs3 and have encountered a fair deal of issues.. seemingly most of them are related to permissions and have been mostly fixed by running the permission repair a few times.. but still not as perfect as i woulda liked

D

demosaic

One hitch

10.5 officially supports case-sensitive filesystems, but Photoshop will not install on one (due, frankly, to some pretty shabby practices on Adobe's part).

The system disk is formatted case-insensitive by default, but if you opt to reinstall 10.5 in case-sensitive mode (which was my strong desire), you'll find Photoshop won't work.

Just FYI.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom