1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

For your consideration

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by bvonarx, Apr 24, 2007.

1. A few pix from this weekend, comments critique welcome.

POWER

_BVA5733.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

POISE
    View attachment 92319

2. Wow, that looks crap

what's up with the pixalation? Any ideas

Brooks

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I corrected your situation, you had [/IMGO] following your image instead of [/IMG]

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Your first image is pretty darned nice, if it was possible to shoot from a vantage point to the furthest corner of the pit, that might have made of a nice image because his face would have been more visible. I did notice that he was backlit, so the location that I was recommending may not have been possible because the backlighting may have been worse.

The second image is nice, but boy would it have been nice to see his face a bit more or to have the ball in the frame. Keep shooting, the adage that practice makes perfect is all true.

5. Thanx for the tech fix Frank, now I'll know for my next submission. As to your suggestion for the first frame, repostioning would have shown a lot more background pollution but I see what you mean. I give it a shot next time out.
    Brooks

6. They are both very nice shots. I am not one to offer suggestions as I am pretty new to this as well, but one of the things I have found that I like with Capture NX is the ability to brighten only a portion of a player (the face normally). Sometimes I may overdo it, but I reprocessed my football pictures and used it to "peek" under the helmet. It would probably work pretty easily on your first fellows face without being too obvious.

7. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    I like these Brooks ..Great action.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.