Forbidden City Portrait

Discussion in 'People' started by JustinD, Dec 18, 2005.

1. I went to the Forbidden City here in Beijing with this girl today. She was nice enough to let me take a few snaps of her. This is one of only two keepers.
    nina2.

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Nice photo Justin...

3. Nice portrait Justin. I like the overall composition (play with DOF vs. positioning of the girl (very pretty young lady!) vs. the receding wall).
    While nice in your B&W rendering, I can imagine a colour version being quite nice also.

4. Nice portrait, and glad to learn that the date went well :smile:

5. Dave - Thanks.

Frits - Thanks for taking the time to reply. The color version lacked, well, color. LOL The exposure on the original was not great...so a conversion was desireable to cover up my technical mistakes.

Phil - I'm glad it went well too. I used my 50mm 1.8 for this shot and she kept asking, "Can't you just zoom in on me?" (I basically had to get on top of her to get the shot.) Haha.

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005

For that I would suggest the 35 f2, or maybe even the 20 f2.8 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I love the picture though, and she is very beautiful.

7. Nice photo

8. Patrick - Thanks for the comments.

Vince - Thanks.

9. If I were shooting this beautiful young lady I would use the 10mm lens. OK, I'm too old for such thoughts and besides I would probably be shaking so bad I would never get her in focus. Love the image.

10. I think this shot turned out quite well.

11. Ha. Shoot it with a 10mm lens..now we're talking.

Thanks, Jim! Glad you think so.

12. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Nice shot!