1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ford for Sale

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by gnagel, Aug 4, 2008.

1. I came across this vintage automobile yesterday and captured it with my D700 and 300 2.8...

p60133263-5.
    NIKON D700    ---    300mm    f/3.2    1/800s    ISO 200

p64880726-5.
    NIKON D700    ---    300mm    f/8.0    1/40s    ISO 200

Thanks for looking...
    Glenn

2. Glenn

Nice sharp image. The folds in the flag are confusing at first glance making the door handle appear centred in the door. Something tells me this might be a US built car.:biggrin: Thanks for sharing..........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

3. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Nice shots. That's a great looking car.

4. Takeda

Takeda

Jun 9, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Nice shots, but the GM engine ruins it!!!!

5. Thanks Ted...

6. Art,

The car certainly attracted my attention when I saw it sitting on the side of the road!

Glenn

7. Thank you Takeda...

8. Pretty cool car ... just curious, how much were they asking for it?

Regards,

9. Bob,

I didn't ask how much the owner wanted for the car since I had no interest in purchasing it. There was no price dispayed on the car--just a "For Sale" sign.

The owner did mention that he wanted $750k for the house and farm (which included 10 acres of land). I was a little surprised as the price didn't seem very high considering the property is just off a major highway (Route 45) in the southern suburbs of Chicago.

Glenn

10. 1FASTZ

1FASTZ

Jan 25, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shoot, that supercharged small block Chevy is icing on the cake...

Glenn - I really like the first shot. The paint scheme is interesting.

11. Thank you Marty

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ha....I saw this '32 Ford yesterday as well, but can't remember exactly where. I know it was in the far western suburbs, but I am drawing a blank. I remember seeing it parked in the front yard of a rural home, as I drove by, I was thinking nice car but too much engine.

13. Wow...that's coincidental.

I saw it parked on LaGrange Road (Route 34) just south of Frankfort.

Glenn

14. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ahhhhh, that's where I saw it, on the way home from Bourbonnais. I've been racking my brain trying to remember where I saw it. On the west side of the street.

15. Exactly...that's when I came across it (on the way home from Bourbonnais).

16. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I'll be at the cruise night in Lemont tonight, but not sure if I'll bring a camera.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.