Ford Times

Real Name
Ken St John
While remotely working on some updates for one of my clients, I had a few minutes here and there to pass the time and pulled out a few of my small collection of "Ford Times" magazines. I have a few from the 50's and 60's, and a pretty good selection from the mid-70s. Most of the articles remind me of the simpler times we often enjoyed back then.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Every time I look at these, I cannot help but be reminded how much I enjoyed receiving these little gems each month. They contained articles about places to go and things to do in the US, and occasionally Canada, along with a few helpful hints about car care, some recipes from "famous" restaurants they found along the highway, etc.. Of course, they also included a feature each month about one (or more) Ford cars that the reader should consider!!

I got a big laugh about a couple of articles in the '75 issues extolling the advantages of the nationwide 55 mph speed limit!! What a fine "corporate citizen" they were ....

One section I loved was a series of short blurbs on a variety of subjects ... "Glove Compartment - In Which You Find a Little Bit of Everything But Gloves". How true, eh?
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not sure when Ford pulled the plug on this publication, but it's been a while. I'll bet it was not cheap to put together (payments to freelance writers, and although there are some photos, they also used a lot of art and sketches to illustrate the stories), plus mailing costs, etc.

But, in the days before the internet, I sure did enjoy receiving and reading each issue!!

Cheers!!

Ken

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom