1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    You have no idea how bad I wanted to skip out of
    work yesterday and play a round. I have not hit
    a single shot this year.

2. Bryan,

Looks good. You have a pro player there.

3. I don't expect my American friends to understand this, but hopefully my fellow Brits (and, mayhap the odd Aussie - the very odd Aussie!) will bear me out...

The final picture shows exactly how a batsman of the very highest class would finish after hitting an on-drive.

Forget golf, you've got a future international cricketer there!

:lol:

4. Re: FOUR!

Dawg, you gotta work with the lad on his weight shift. He's left his weight on his back foot. If he keeps that up,
    he's be hitting weak slices and worm burners for the rest of his golfing career, just like me :( .

5. Fun to see the little guy learning to play THE game. Got to keep the foot on the ground during the backswing. Father might tilt the camera for a verticle to hone in on the budding golfer.

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Photo tip: I would try this sequence in portrait mode.

Golf tip: He has a little wrist cup in the second photo
    Getting a good weight shift in the 2nd photo, 45 degree hip with a nice full shoulder turn. I would not worry about the left foot coming up right now. Looks like the right knee is locked.
    A little work on weight shift back to the left in the 3rd picture will be a great help.
    I love the 4th photo, but a good weight shift would have the weight on the left foot, it's clear here that all his weight is still on his right foot.

Let me know and I will give you some drills. But coming from a golf nut, I sure hope you post some more pictures.

7. ME TOO!! I like to get out and play a few times a year. :) :) :)

8. I hope so........he could make millions of dollars and I would be his caddy! :D :D :D :D :D

9. He loves to play. He has a long way to go, but he is already way ahead of me!! :D :D :D :D

10. Portrait mode? Is that a setting on my D70? If so, I will take some more pictures and get some golf analysis from you guys.

I plan on taking more shots of him this year. We usually get him with a golf pro to take some lessons during the summer. I am not a huge golfer, but I enjoy getting out a few times a year. His grandaddy is a golf nut too, and plays 2 sometimes 3 times a week when the weather is good.

11. By the way, the title of this thread should be

FORE!

... not "four"... unless that's the age or handicap of the golfer.

12. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Sorry I mean turning the camera on it's side for vertical shots.

13. Thanks Uncle Frank.......really shows how educated I am about the game of Goff........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. You have to forgive me.......I'm from the South!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks!!

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dawg,

Wonderful series of pics of the great young golfer.

Remember when my son was doing the same. Sure is great he likes to get out and enjoy some sports. That is so wonderful for kids.

HAHAHA I used to have to beg Little Ed to let me use his clubs. :>))

Cheers
    Gale

16. The title should actually be FORE! but who cares lol.

17. Alright, fellas it is changed. I meant to change the title to the correct spelling, but forgot. Sorry! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

18. Looks liek he is off to a fine start, I started playing at that age it is very good tiem to start.... I have not played a roudn fo golf in over a year there goes my low 80's scores out the window

19. Don't feel bad.......I shoot in the 90's on a good day.