1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Forest Rainbow

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Nacho, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Hi Folks:

I hope this fits in this forum. I'm thinking of it as landscape and field/nature. It was taken the other day at Great Falls, Maryland. Funny thing, applying a spatter, or sprayed strokes, or ocean ripple filter in Photoshop CS3 gives this quite a nifty artistic look. This version has no such effects applied:

[​IMG]

Your thoughts greatly appreciated,

gassho,

N :smile:

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Very creative N, I like it. It's different.

3. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Thanks Robert. I saw it and had to take it. The rings formed by all the debris were truly amazing, in their shape and color.

Thanks again!

N

4. you know...
    i really like this one a lot
    so creative and interesting

very well done

5. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Thanks Greg! It has been funny seeing reactions from some family members. It has ranged from "Ugh, pond scum!" to "wow, totally cool." I like the strong lines.

Thanks again!

N

6. some family members like ART... some don't
    but... your family here at THE CAFE appreciates this image, i'm sure

7. I think it's a great shot!

I get the same varied reaction with many of my attempts at photography from friends and family members. I think it's a good sign when we try to stretch ourselves every so often.

Glenn

8. Love your rainbow....that is the artistic side of photography that sometimes our friends and family don't see ...it wouldn't even occur to them to take the picture in the first place. I really like the colours and all the textures.
    Your picture also reminds me to stretch myself when I am out taking shots and try to see stuff other than the obvious.
    Barb

9. Interesting perspective...

10. Very creative. The title fits :smile:

11. Love the patterns.

12. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Bravo !!! Very Nicely Done !

13. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    I like the picture and the creative angle you shot it at. I probably would have taken the lazy way out and shot it from shore and wondered why it is not quite as striking :smile:

14. Hey Nacho,
    That's a great shot...Reminds me of my Singh-Ray G&B filter when in use.

15. Wow... I wasn't expecting this when I clicked the link. I must say I am extremely impressed. Way to take something deemed as dirty and icky and turn it into something absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

16. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Thanks!

Hi Folks, thanks for all the kind words, and sorry it took me a bit long to get back to the thread. I like this image plenty as well. Mostly, because I was just walking down the path, looked to my left, and... voila! there it was. It just hit me immediately. My 9 year old son had the D70 and he also took a photo of it. :smile:

Will be back there soon. : ) Thanks again.

N:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.