Forest Rainbow

Hi Folks:

I hope this fits in this forum. I'm thinking of it as landscape and field/nature. It was taken the other day at Great Falls, Maryland. Funny thing, applying a spatter, or sprayed strokes, or ocean ripple filter in Photoshop CS3 gives this quite a nifty artistic look. This version has no such effects applied:

rainbow.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Your thoughts greatly appreciated,

gassho,

N :smile:

Thanks Robert. I saw it and had to take it. The rings formed by all the debris were truly amazing, in their shape and color.

Thanks again!

N

Thanks Greg! It has been funny seeing reactions from some family members. It has ranged from "Ugh, pond scum!" to "wow, totally cool." I like the strong lines.

Thanks again!

N

Thanks Greg! It has been funny seeing reactions from some family members. It has ranged from "Ugh, pond scum!" to "wow, totally cool." I like the strong lines.

Thanks again!

N

some family members like ART... some don't
but... your family here at THE CAFE appreciates this image, i'm sure

I think it's a great shot!

I get the same varied reaction with many of my attempts at photography from friends and family members. I think it's a good sign when we try to stretch ourselves every so often.

Glenn

Love your rainbow....that is the artistic side of photography that sometimes our friends and family don't see ...it wouldn't even occur to them to take the picture in the first place. I really like the colours and all the textures.
Your picture also reminds me to stretch myself when I am out taking shots and try to see stuff other than the obvious.
Barb

I like the picture and the creative angle you shot it at. I probably would have taken the lazy way out and shot it from shore and wondered why it is not quite as striking :smile:

Wow... I wasn't expecting this when I clicked the link. I must say I am extremely impressed. Way to take something deemed as dirty and icky and turn it into something absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

Hi Folks, thanks for all the kind words, and sorry it took me a bit long to get back to the thread. I like this image plenty as well. Mostly, because I was just walking down the path, looked to my left, and... voila! there it was. It just hit me immediately. My 9 year old son had the D70 and he also took a photo of it. :smile:

Will be back there soon. : ) Thanks again.

N:smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom