Forget about sharpness - my first play with a LensBaby

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Simon, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Finally got out and had a first play with this freaky little lens. Wow, it's a wake up call when it comes to shooting in manual - quite fun actually.

Each of the pics are not "re-takable" as the manner in which the lens was bent and compressed is not stored. I started to get better and better at visually aproximating the exposures too - all @ f/8 btw

Here is what NC shows in the RAW EXIF data - zippo !
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, one taken inside under super high ISO
    [​IMG]

I definately need more practise though.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2005
  2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ha! Those look fun Simon! The last one is my fave - maybe cause it doesn't have the 'lensbaby look'. The device seems cool - turns your dslr into a Diana!

3. I like them

Hi Simon,

Nice job on the 2,3,4 ones. I think you have a good handle on this lens. It does take practice though.

Have fun. Can't wait to see more.

4. Very nice and interesting captures, Simon. And what a coincidence. I was looking at the Lenbabies site and then came to the Cafe and found your post. Are these taken with the 2.0?

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The daisey pic is really good. Last one is intriguing..

which lens baby do you have. I have version 2. Haven't played with it yet though.

Did you go to the forum on lensbaby site. See some interesting stuff.

All of yours look good except the first. Seems it does not have a subject.

I even like the pool image.

Fun stuff. Keep up the practice.

6. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Chris101

Thanks - yes I know what you mean re: lensbaby "look" ... my next adventure is: I'm going to delve into some b/w portraiture stuff and experiment a bit more.

Havent had so much "fun" (as against serious work) with a lens in ages.

7. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Catz

Yep - this baby requires some dedication to master alright - but I'm having alot of fun working with it.

I'm pleased we crossed paths too - the unit is working wonderfully.

8. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey Phil

Yes, it is the 2.0 version.

This was first attempt at using it - it does require a bit of experimentation using it but I figure thats part of the enjoyment.

I'm liking the imagery that comes from them, and it takes me away from the technical, Mp, sharpness crowd ... if you know what I mean.

9. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Gale

Thanks for the kind words, oh and that first one . . .

The reason I included it was that it reminded me of something / someplace - but strangely, I cant remember it very clearly, kind of like a dream maybe.

I guess it was one of those shots that meant something to me but meaningless to others - I'll post more though ! :smile:

This little critter takes a bit of mastering. Oh and yes it was ver 2.0 also.

10. My favorite is the last one, it has an interesting perspective.