1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Formatting Micro SDHC card via Blackberry.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snap96, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Snap96

Snap96

Jun 18, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I’m completely new here and recently joined the DSLR world a couple weeks back with the D40. I got to say that I enjoy using it more than I had hoped for and it’s completely addicting.

I thought I would just post an issue I experienced yesterday and how I resolved it in case someone experiences the same thing.

I downloading some pics to my Mac and disconnected the camera without hitting the eject button first in iPhoto. Upon disconnection, I got a message on the camera that the memory card was damaged and can not be used and to insert a new card. The camera would not allow me to reformat the card so I thought I was out of luck and needed to buy a new card.

My Blackberry was sitting on my desk and a light bulb went off. I simply removed the Micro SDHC card from the camera and inserted it into the Blackberry and reformatted it. Good as new. Of course the pictures on the card were lost but they were already downloaded.

Paul

2. dhudspith

dhudspith

Jan 7, 2006
    North Texas
    Paul - Glad you were able to recover the card at least. Before you go on though, I'd reformat the card in the camera just to be safe.

3. Snap96

Snap96

Jun 18, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I forgot to add that....

Formatting the card in my Blackberry allowed me to utilize the formatting function in the camera and it worked out great.

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.