Formula 1 NBCS issues

Who is watching F1 this year? I wonder why NBCS decided to can the race rather than do live broadcast as they have with other races.

Is there anyway to see the race other than NBCS, I am on DirectTV, 220, and have seen soft image issues on their broadcast of F1 before, but today it is so bad it is hard to watch. Is anyone else having this problem. Darn I miss Spend TV.

Tom, the races have been live on the NBC Sports Network, this year. But today, because of their live converge of the Tour de France, the race was live on CNBC.

Oh, it it is being replayed on NBC Sports Network, right now.

And they are all in high definition, BTW.

I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it yet but it was a great and controversial race - well worth watching the replay.

Tom, the races have been live on the NBC Sports Network, this year. But today, because of their live converge of the Tour de France, the race was live on CNBC.

Oh, it it is being replayed on NBC Sports Network, right now.

And they are all in high definition, BTW.

Thanks. Well heck, since it is usually on 220, that is where my wife marked it, I was puzzled by that. As for the soft issue I have been dealing with DirecTV, I say the LNB is pooched, it is 13 YO, but for some reason it is really really bad on NBCS,,,,, BUT the commercials are a lot sharper. An hour with DIRECTV's tech and a lot of test found nothing, the Butts will not send me a new LNB, saying I am too stupid to install it. Must pay 50$ for a tech to come, guess it is time for EBay.

Who is watching F1 this year? I wonder why NBCS decided to can the race rather than do live broadcast as they have with other races.

Is there anyway to see the race other than NBCS, I am on DirectTV, 220, and have seen soft image issues on their broadcast of F1 before, but today it is so bad it is hard to watch. Is anyone else having this problem. Darn I miss Spend TV.

They didn't! With every practice broadcast they have been reminding viewers that the Live broadcast would be on CNBC at 7AM. I am surprised you did not pick up on that.

I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it yet but it was a great and controversial race - well worth watching the replay.

I hate canned races, but my Canadian friends who saw it live said it " surely was interesting" we are just past the half way point, and hope they got the tire issue under control, sort of reminds me of the last F1 race at Indy.

Always check the "guide" on your cable box. That way you'll never miss a race because it's on another channel. My box allows me to search by category. When I checked out racing I also learned that the TDF is now live on regular TV. Yay!

They didn't! With every practice broadcast they have been reminding viewers that the Live broadcast would be on CNBC at 7AM. I am surprised you did not pick up on that.

I has a seriously busy week, and I did not watch any practice, but do try to catch the time trials, think she marked the race 5 or 6 days ago.

Good race to watch, certainly not the boredom of Monaco, Lewis really ran well, shame he fell victim to the tire issue. I was really pulling for Mark.

Be glad you can still watch it. Cable comp here moved channels to different tiers again. Lost about 6 channels.

Im on directv too, dvr recorded the race just fine. Image didnt appear soft. Btw try solidsignal.com for an lnb assembly. The person you were speaking to on the phone, literally has no option for sending you an lnb assembly so dont blame them directly. I worked for them up until march

Im on directv too, dvr recorded the race just fine. Image didnt appear soft. Btw try solidsignal.com for an lnb assembly. The person you were speaking to on the phone, literally has no option for sending you an lnb assembly so dont blame them directly. I worked for them up until march

Well they send me a receiver free of charge, when I need one :confused:
I was with their upper level tech, as the first one was totally confused. I mean I bought the dish in 96, early, very low customer number, came home and nailed it on the roof, yet they want me to pay $50 for a 12$ item.
Yes I use solid signal, I am calling them tomorrow for new antenna, they are on sale and free shipping.

Well they send me a receiver free of charge, when I need one :confused:
I was with their upper level tech, as the first one was totally confused. I mean I bought the dish in 96, early, very low customer number, came home and nailed it on the roof, yet they want me to pay $50 for a 12$ item.
Yes I use solid signal, I am calling them tomorrow for new antenna, they are on sale and free shipping.

receivers and lnb/switches etc are different in the upper management points of view, i was with them for 7.5 years and always had to roll a tech for an lnb issue or send the person to solid signal... i should have gotten a finders fee for as many people ordered from them via me...:smile:

I would not want to be the boss of Pirelli this morning!

+1

They interviewed him after the race, and all he would say was that they have to look at the data. Should be interesting to see what they come up with at next week's race in Germany. I'm sure all of the teams will want answers, as those tires affect the safety of the cars.

Carole
A total F1 fan!

+1

They interviewed him after the race, and all he would say was that they have to look at the data. Should be interesting to see what they come up with at next week's race in Germany. I'm sure all of the teams will want answers, as those tires affect the safety of the cars.

Carole
A total F1 fan!

+ as Lewis said also the safety of the drivers but unfortunately F1 is now all about the money

The announcers said during the race that Pirelli wanted to bring a new compound to Silverstone but the teams couldn't agree....I "suspect" that the low downforce teams with less tire wear were the ones disagreeing...

Latest threads

Top Bottom