Formula 1, Schu coming back!

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-michael-schumacher-returns-to-formula-one/

How do you feel about that? A few years removed, but an amazing champion back in the seat of that beautiful red car.
Oh...heck yeah. I loved Schumacher....I hope he destroys the competition. Lewis Hamilton is probably my current favorite (since Schumacher left)...I just wish it was Hamilton's "it" year like last year. If Hamilton performs like he did this past weekend and Schumacher can drive the 2009 Ferrari like he used to with his own, it should be for an interesting few races.

The last time I watched Formula 1 racing was in the era of Alain Prost and Aryton Senna (who died in a crash).

Am I old? :confused:

This is great news, makes the wife happy. I know he is testing, but I wonder if his competition skills are rusty, guess we will find out soon, trials should be interesting. If it rains, everyone might as quit and let Schui have it, but Hamilton drives pretty well in the wet. Wonder what they will pay him, he was getting over a million and 1/2 when he quit.

I heard on BBC a while ago that BMW is pulling out at the end of this season because of money.
Well, they aren't doing so well anyways.. lol

There was rumors of alot of the car manf breaking off F1 and making their own race league

This is great news, makes the wife happy. I know he is testing, but I wonder if his competition skills are rusty, guess we will find out soon, trials should be interesting. If it rains, everyone might as quit and let Schui have it, but Hamilton drives pretty well in the wet. Wonder what they will pay him, he was getting over a million and 1/2 when he quit.
Vettel did pretty well in the last wet race too O_O

I heard on BBC a while ago that BMW is pulling out at the end of this season because of money.
That would Be a shock, could expect it from some other owners, but a manufacture, heck I know the economy is tough, but that seems rather drastic.

Well, they aren't doing so well anyways.. lol

There was rumors of alot of the car manf breaking off F1 and making their own race league
Well that is all settled, mostly just pressure and posturing.

You? old? sheee... Nikki Lauda, Jody schecter, Jacky Ickx... Oh my.
I can remember Juan Manuel Fangio because I always liked the name :smile:, and Jim Clark in his new-fangled rear-engined Lotus at Indy, as well as Phil Hill and Stirlling Moss (met Stirling once a long time ago).

It will be interesting to see the long-term effect of the rules changes to make racing more affordable.

Regards,
John

M

Merkin

This is terrible news. I certainly hope that Massa recovers nicely, but I have never liked the red cars, and I certainly never liked Schumacher. Any other team in this position would give a young driver a shot to move up, considering there is no way that Ferrari can win the Constructor's and I am fairly certain that even if Schu won every single race from Valencia onwards, it would still be mathematically impossible to win the championship. Schumacher made F1 boring. I am not denying that he wasn't great, he certainly was. It was just dull. There wasn't much point in watching.

Schumacher made F1 boring.
Ferrari's far superior car made F1 boring.

The last 2 years of Schumacher's career were awesome to watch, when McLaren and Renault finally had cars as good as Ferrari, and what happened then - Alonso wiping the floor with Schumi, 2 years non stop.. including one of the greatest races of all time, when Alonso lapped Schumacher in the wet condition. I wish I had taped that race.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom