1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Formula 1, Schu coming back!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milano, Jul 29, 2009.

1. milano

milano

Dec 23, 2008
    Corona, CA
  2. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Oh...heck yeah. I loved Schumacher....I hope he destroys the competition. Lewis Hamilton is probably my current favorite (since Schumacher left)...I just wish it was Hamilton's "it" year like last year. If Hamilton performs like he did this past weekend and Schumacher can drive the 2009 Ferrari like he used to with his own, it should be for an interesting few races.

3. Yup.

My interest in F1 was just reborn.

4. I think it will be great!

5. Max Power

Max Power

Jan 11, 2009
    St Paul, MN
    This will be awesome. I have never been the biggest fan, but I acknowledge his greatness, and would actually like to see him kick the tail out of some of these kids.

6. Jaytron

Jaytron

Mar 22, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Good, I don't like Massa.

EDIT: Oh wow didn't know he got into an accident :( 

7. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Good, this will give Button, Webber and Vettel some competition.

8. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    The last time I watched Formula 1 racing was in the era of Alain Prost and Aryton Senna (who died in a crash).

Am I old? :confused: 

9. Jaytron

Jaytron

Mar 22, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Raikonen was slowly doing better

Hamilton winning at Hungary is a surprise

I haven't been able to watch the ones sitting on my DVR

10. This is great news, makes the wife happy. I know he is testing, but I wonder if his competition skills are rusty, guess we will find out soon, trials should be interesting. If it rains, everyone might as quit and let Schui have it, but Hamilton drives pretty well in the wet. Wonder what they will pay him, he was getting over a million and 1/2 when he quit.

11. I heard on BBC a while ago that BMW is pulling out at the end of this season because of money.

12. Jaytron

Jaytron

Mar 22, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Well, they aren't doing so well anyways.. lol

There was rumors of alot of the car manf breaking off F1 and making their own race league

Vettel did pretty well in the last wet race too O_O

13. That would Be a shock, could expect it from some other owners, but a manufacture, heck I know the economy is tough, but that seems rather drastic.

Well that is all settled, mostly just pressure and posturing.

14. You? old? sheee... Nikki Lauda, Jody schecter, Jacky Ickx... Oh my.

15. AllThumz

AllThumz

Feb 24, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
    I can remember Juan Manuel Fangio because I always liked the name :smile:, and Jim Clark in his new-fangled rear-engined Lotus at Indy, as well as Phil Hill and Stirlling Moss (met Stirling once a long time ago).

It will be interesting to see the long-term effect of the rules changes to make racing more affordable.

Regards,
    John

16. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    No clue who they are so I feel better now. :smile:

17. So excited to see him back out!

18. Merkin

Merkin Guest

This is terrible news. I certainly hope that Massa recovers nicely, but I have never liked the red cars, and I certainly never liked Schumacher. Any other team in this position would give a young driver a shot to move up, considering there is no way that Ferrari can win the Constructor's and I am fairly certain that even if Schu won every single race from Valencia onwards, it would still be mathematically impossible to win the championship. Schumacher made F1 boring. I am not denying that he wasn't great, he certainly was. It was just dull. There wasn't much point in watching.

19. Pamani

Pamani

Jan 12, 2009
    Sacramento/Newark
    How great would it be if Schu came out winning out the season.. not saying the title, just the rest of the races.

20. marioni

marioni

Jan 22, 2006
    Ferrari's far superior car made F1 boring.

The last 2 years of Schumacher's career were awesome to watch, when McLaren and Renault finally had cars as good as Ferrari, and what happened then - Alonso wiping the floor with Schumi, 2 years non stop.. including one of the greatest races of all time, when Alonso lapped Schumacher in the wet condition. I wish I had taped that race.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.