Formula 1, Schu coming back!

Schumacher?

The guy has won million races, he wins every single one in a season, and you mean to tell me those emotions, his celebration and jumping when steps onto the podium, are geniune?

Like hell they are, he is a complete fake.
everything ive read about him from people who know him and have worked with him suggests the contrary. he is genuine and appreciative of his team and success.

there will still be pit stops for tires, just not fuel. i think its better, there really is no advantage to refueling except that you will see better lap times. its dangerous and quite possibly cost Massa the title last year.
Whew! That makes sense; obviously I assumed no pit stops. Yes, what with the longish run-in and run out this will help continue to provide opportunities for exercising strategy.. Thanks.

With missing refueling one very, very interesting tactical variable gets cut down, that was very interesting for the watching public:

-there will be no light running cars anymore, which lap quicker for tactical purpose,
-there will be no tactical differences anymore, whether the team runs a 1, 2 or 3 stop race,
-there will be no quick and interesting tactical changes anymore, where teams change strategy during race due to adaption of the environment (weather change, yellow flag, traffic, etc…)

This last brilliant change of rules looks pretty much like a nail in the coffin to me, as it will provide everything that has been left out yet, to make the series even more bland and races more boring.

I do not see any significant numbers of reducing cost with that one.
Would it stop manufacturers like BMW from cutting down motor sports programs?
Cutting rules like the restrictions on engine life are brilliant and do really have a financial impact!

Why not restrict more parts to a longer life? The quick and easy change of nose and front wing could be restricted - look how quick these parts get exchanged during races!
Let's give em two noses for one weekend (for two different base setups - rain/ dry).
If one brakes - bad luck. They sure know, how expensive one of these parts are? They get consumed like chewing gum in F1 at the moment.

What about forbidding brake cooling plates and regulate brake cooling air intakes (similar to the ACO rules for Le Mans) - not only are these parts extraordinary disgusting - they take away all the interesting disk glowing shots and their development, manufacturing and usage does cost money?

Refueling is significantly important for motor racing since it was born more than 100 years ago!
What about regulating refueling back from pressure fueling to bottle fueling as in other racing series?
No more high tech fueling - longer pit times - more interesting and still all the tactical advantages of refueling!
On top - the people can count bottles and know, who is going light and who is not!
At the moment, refueling is in the digital age and people have to split seconds, to know, who is running how long a stint.

Update - he won't be back...from his official website

"Yesterday evening, I had to inform Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo and Team Principal Stefano Domenicali that unfortunately I'm not able to step in for Felipe. I really tried everything to make that temporary comeback possible, however, much to my regret it didn't work out. Unfortunately we did not manage to get a grip on the pain in the neck which occurred after the private F1-day in Mugello, even if medically or therapeutically we tried everything possible.

The consequences of the injuries caused by the bike-accident in February, fractures in the area of head and neck, unfortunately have turned out to be still too severe. That is why my neck cannot stand the extreme stresses caused by Formula 1 yet. This are the clear results of the examinations we did on the course of the past two weeks and the final examination yesterday afternoon. As there were no improvements after the day in Mugello, I decided at short notice on Sunday to do that thorough examination already yesterday.

I am disappointed to the core. I am awfully sorry for the guys of Ferrari and for all the fans which crossed fingers for me. I can only repeat that I tried everything that was within my power. All I can do now is to keep my fingers crossed for the whole team for the coming races."
Turns out he's really a pain in the neck for everyone including himself! :p

Photos!

Seriously - a cart race, a online game?
Street race. I was the chase car, he was lead car. He couldn't shake me and I stuck on him the entire time. Real life, no game. F1 champ was schooled by a non-pro! Unfortunately I have no pictures, but it did happen!!!!!

Street race. I was the chase car, he was lead car. He couldn't shake me and I stuck on him the entire time. Real life, no game. F1 champ was schooled by a non-pro! Unfortunately I have no pictures, but it did happen!!!!!
More details - where, which cars, weather, which shoes used… doesn't matter, if its true…keep texting! :smile:

Awwww! That's a big letdown. When he has further recovered from his injury maybe?
Very unlikely, now that Ferrari officially stated, Badoer will race in Valencia.
Too bad for what could have been a great show.
I would not bash Schumacher for this decision though - he has nothing to loose, why should he go personal risks with lesser chances of winning with the two handicaps of driving Valencia the first time and a bad neck?

He has made the right decision and confronted the statement like a sportsman - straight and in time for all involved persons and organisations.

They should have had Alonso drive ... it would have brought all of Spain to the track. I'm still floored that Charlie excluded Renault for an accident, yet did nothing to address intentionally overagressive driving.

hamilton is a schmuck.

i hate him so much.

Im hoping that this doesnt turn into the fiasco that happens to most athletes after coming out of retirement... they never come back to the same caliber they left.
F1 doesnt seem to be too accomodating in his comeback either... no practice in his car, and none on the tracks... just some random test track. SHould be interesting. Especilly when Ferrari's cars suck and dont have anything on the Braun and Red Bull cars this year.

what? Ralf is no longer in a drivers seat.
Which is not a bad thing actually. I couldn't stand his sour face in the interviews after another failed race, pointing out, that "Today we were not competitive bla, bla." "The car was too slow, bla, bla." and alike.

This guy is just not a racer. To bring the rant even to another level - I don't share his taste in women (including plastic and make up), but this is secondary to his inability as a professional race car driver.

Who was it that responded to one of Ralf's jibes about driving ability with

"At least I'm the best driver in my family." ?

Interesting...so he was in front and you were behind and it ended that way? Where I come from, being behind somebody else means you lost. Stupid anyway to be racing like that on the streets....for both of you.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom