Formula 1, Schu coming back!

At least there is not only the competitors and track marshals at danger. A few thousand people visit these tracks on race day. Driving a 3 wheeler around the circuit at controllable speed is one thing - going around with a loose wheel, knowingly the nut is loose and the wheel can come off is not managing the risks and must be punished.

I don't question the decision to penalize Renault, although it wasn't an intentionally dangerous act. They didn't leave the nut loose on purpose. I do, however, question the failure to penalize Ferrari for Kimi's intentionally dangerous driving. He DID make a choice to slam into other cars!

I don't question the decision to penalize Renault, although it wasn't an intentionally dangerous act. They didn't leave the nut loose on purpose. I do, however, question the failure to penalize Ferrari for Kimi's intentionally dangerous driving. He DID make a choice to slam into other cars!

they may not have left the nut loose on purpose, but they let him out on purpose knowing that it was loose. the mechanic screwing in the nut must have known something was wrong.

also as for kimi, if you watched the start it does appear that he was trying to avoid traffic when he made contact. although it may not be the case for him in this situation, their vision is pretty poor, their side mirrors are designed with aerodynamics in mind more so than vision. ive seen plenty of almost contact in similar situations where it seems like the driver just does not see the other guy, again might not be the case here, but is a possibility.

..also as for kimi, if you watched the start it does appear that he was trying to avoid traffic when he made contact. although it may not be the case for him in this situation, their vision is pretty poor, their side mirrors are designed with aerodynamics in mind more so than vision. ive seen plenty of almost contact in similar situations where it seems like the driver just does not see the other guy, again might not be the case here, but is a possibility.

You might recall Michael going all the way across the track to block #2 and never getting called on it numerous times. He was/is(?) a masterful driver but with the cars Ferrari gave him you have to wonder how he would have fared the first half of this season.

Did any else hear that next year there will be no refueling?

Refueling is going away as a "cost cutting measure." As are the tire warmers. But I bet we see custom built tire warmer ovens, or some other tire warmer contraption, instead (like a mechanic with a heat gun :biggrin: ).

On the other hand, I don't think Bernie has volunteered to take a pay cut to help reduce costs.

:eek:

What happens to Formula 1?

Lots of things i'm not all that thrilled about. It just isn't the same as it was. I love the sport but i really miss how it used to be, i guess with time comes change.

I hear kimi is thinking of going into rally, i wonder how that will go. Better move than Montoya going to NASCAR. Really bad career move i think.

Lots of things i'm not all that thrilled about. It just isn't the same as it was. I love the sport but i really miss how it used to be, i guess with time comes change.

I hear kimi is thinking of going into rally, i wonder how that will go. Better move than Montoya going to NASCAR. Really bad career move i think.

I guess Rallying for Raikonnen is similar as for Valentino Rossi - they just like to play around and try out other things, that move fast.

Raikonnen has finished a few rallies in a 2l FF driven kit car already.
Compared to such great people as Sebastian Loeb, Tommi Makkinen or Walther Röhrl he should not shine too much.

You wont find Rossi in a F1 car either, despite, he is a god on two wheels. I have never seen the brilliance in Raikonnen - he is quick for sure and unlucky possibly, but a racer as other big stars? I don't know.

I guess, he is more a character, nice to have in a racing series - you have a gentlemen like Barrichello, a nice young chap, who is surprisingly quick, like Button, an always sour faced Heidfeld, who (unfortunately) will never become a F1 champion and you have the cool faced Raikonnen, who could win the championchip in a row, still shows no smile and might turn out only 18th in the next year, as he's more into alcohol, girls and boats in that period.

Just not much determination as Schumacher. He just seemed always hungry for a win and you would tell by his celebrations at the end of the races he won. Its just pure, like how a child is after winning something for the first time.

Kimi has his own things he needs to deal with before ever winning another F1 championship. I haven't much sympathy for athletes like him, has so much going for them but kinda **** it all away because of money and women.

Kimi is participating in this weekend's Finland WRC ... at the end of the first day, Kimi was 17th out of 86 drivers, just 7 minutes out.

We used to get that and Aussie stock car racing on Speed channel as I recall. I enjoyed the rallying immensely but it's nowhere to be seen...so we have to watch ARCA and truck racing. :confused:

M

Merkin

The World Rally Championship is but a ghost of its former glory. The only two companies with cars are Ford and Citroen. No Evos, No Imprezas, no Peugeots. I miss the really good old days of the broken cheatin' Toyota Celicas, in that fantastic white, green, and red color scheme.

He just seemed always hungry for a win and you would tell by his celebrations at the end of the races he won.

Schumacher?

The guy has won million races, he wins every single one in a season, and you mean to tell me those emotions, his celebration and jumping when steps onto the podium, are geniune?

Like hell they are, he is a complete fake.

How could this be accurate, enlarged gas tanks???:confused:

Imagine the implications...Monte Carlo with no pit stops means the starting grid is likely the finishing registration (barring crashes and retirements of course). Without modifying the tracks to permit easier passing the next season could be a disaster. The only bright spot on the horizon is Eccelstone's advanced age...he can't last many more years.

The Speed TV team once had a great discussion about racing officials. I'm not sure it was 'their' idea or if they were referring to someone's suggestion but they talked about using former F1 drivers instead of the hacks they have right now. The premise was that these gents who are still active and are dedicated to F1 would ensure the rules would contribute positively to the sport and not solely respond to money from entities trying to win a race simply for the prestige.

I live 15 minutes from this race track, so my interest in F1 has never been very high.

Just my opinion, but F1 will never have the following here in the states that it enjoys elsewhere. There are too many other things competing for the American fan dollar. :biggrin:

Imagine the implications...Monte Carlo with no pit stops means the starting grid is likely the finishing registration (barring crashes and retirements of course). Without modifying the tracks to permit easier passing the next season could be a disaster. The only bright spot on the horizon is Eccelstone's advanced age...he can't last many more years.

The Speed TV team once had a great discussion about racing officials. I'm not sure it was 'their' idea or if they were referring to someone's suggestion but they talked about using former F1 drivers instead of the hacks they have right now. The premise was that these gents who are still active and are dedicated to F1 would ensure the rules would contribute positively to the sport and not solely respond to money from entities trying to win a race simply for the prestige.

there will still be pit stops for tires, just not fuel. i think its better, there really is no advantage to refueling except that you will see better lap times. its dangerous and quite possibly cost Massa the title last year.

Latest threads

Top Bottom