Formula One BABY! EDITED More PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by PGB, Jun 18, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Just a teaser for everyone. It is painfully slow processing D2x shots on my laptop. :)

This being my first trip to Indy for any race all I have to say is WOW! I had goose bumps as Michael Shumacher came past at the start/finish line. The speed, sound, and excitement of the crowd make this an awesome weekend.

Thanks,

25361651-L.

25363107-L.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW Patrick,

What a wonderful experience for you..

Great shot.

You must be very pleased.

3. Whoa Man that is sooooo cool!

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks Gale, today was practice and qualifying. I got to figure out how to shoot these cars today so tomorrow at the race I should be all over them.

It is fun, thanks to Greg for letting me tag along and carry his gear.

Next year I need a gear person of my own. :)

I'll have more processed when I get to the "Whopper Daddy" at home on Monday.

Thanks,

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    In person its "the bomb" as the kids say.

Maybe next year we can have a Nikoncafe get together at Indy for F1! I think we need to get leigh on this planning commission. :)

Thanks,

6. Awesome

That first one could be on the cover of Motor Trend easily it is fantastic, glad you are enjoying yourself

7. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Re: Awesome

Thanks Mike. This really is the coolest sporting event I've been to. The people are so nice and well behaved. The photographers are equally nice people to be around.

I have about 2000 other shots from today that I just can't even cull on this laptop.

Cheers,

8. Nice shots, Patrick..must be great to be there!!!! Never been to F1....Well done!

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Hmmmm....does that mean I'll get to go AND take photos as well????? (if so I'll be needing a D2X myself...lol :lol: )

Regardless, these are top notch shots, Patrick! I'm happy you are having a great time. But don't forget where you live...hurry up and come home to us, we miss you terribly.

10. If I were Patrick, I think I would have to find a way to get you your own D2X and take you along. I am sure he knows what he is doing so dont take this wrong. It is just so nice to have a partner to share your passion with.

11. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I miss you and the boys too. I can't wait to get home to tell you all about it and show you some of the other shots I've gotten.

Its so far been a blast. Did I mention that it was loud!!!!!

12. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I'm Jealous.

13. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi patrick-

nice photos, thanks for sharing them, can't wait to see the rest.

i've been an F1 fan since hs (don't care much for nascar or cart), but have yet to see a race in person. one day.... :)

ricky

14. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Ricky,

I'm no nascar fan either. My dad and brothers are though. However this time they were jealous of my trip.

F1 sure is different, the people and attitude are great.

Thanks,

15. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi patrick-

my brother watched the race on speedvision, major bummer. aside from ferrari winning (tifosi here), it's not really the way to win a race. f1's not that popular here in the US, and this was not the way to make it gain fans.

post the rest of your photos anyway :)

thanks,

ricky

16. Nice, sharp and vivid colors, Patrick! Good job! Are you using HSC mode? I find it a bit challenging to keep fast moving subjects (flying birds) within the boundaries. But hey, digital's cheap so it costs nothing to practice! ;)

17. Hi Patrick,

nice shoots!

But about the Race, I just watched it on the TV.....what a mess!

It's all too bad, that team-politics messed up with the racing!

I will definitely not buy any Michelin Tyres ever again!

Hope you enjoyed, at least, the 6 Cars that were racing!

Here in Germany, Michael Schumacher is allways a Hero. But a win like that today, tastes bitter!

Though, I'm curious for your other pictures!

18. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Michael,

The whole weekend was spectacular. However I would be lying if I said that I wasn't bummed out with the F1 race. They knew they had a problem on Friday but continued to let everyone believe that they were race ready. The real kick in the pants was at the start they did one warm up lap and brought them in. I was pretty nervous, which I'll explain when I get some more pics processed and bring out the jounalist in me. I switched from spectator mode to I better document this mode real quick!

For most of the shots I used HSC Kevin. I'll explain more when I get settled back in. Lots of pics to processes.

Cheers,

19. Brew

Brew Guest

That must have been fun but too bad about the small main race.

I just love the sound of those F1 cars revving up to 19K (I think).

Show more of those great pictures please :D

20. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Nice work Patrick !!! These shots make it a drooling teaser 8) , I like the shot of the RED Ferrari a lot. The speed is clearly visible and the car is very very sharp and that's superb. Another very nice detail as far as I'm concerned is the fence which is slightly visible.
    When it comes to the first picture, I think that your position is very good there. You are at the same height of the car, maybe you had a comfy position there like laying on your belly for example :) That is a well-known position for me :) The heat of the engine is a nice detail here and makes this **** very attractive for me.

I can't hardly wait to see more of this

Regards