Fort Lauderdale checking in.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by huskey8, Mar 2, 2005.

1. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    [​IMG]

Caught this guy today god it's cold here had too break out the winter coats when it droped into the 50's enjoy.
    Richard

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Richard, it was 24 here yesterday (it's up to 32 now), so I don't need to hear that it 'dropped into the 50's'.... :lol: :lol:

Nice Flamingo shot.... :wink:

Frank

3. OK....

well it is 20 and 25 MPH winds today....nice flamingo shot BTW.

4. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    You guys should move to Florida here is one I took today in the freezing morning predawn 55with a brisk wind. 8)

Richard

[​IMG]

5. Nice pics, Richard. Especilly the Mandarin.

The last two times I've been down to Florida, I haven't seen any flamingoes. Are they less common than I thought? Where do they tend to congregate?

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Richard,

After the Sanibel and Merritt sessions and my short visit to Wakulla Springs, I'm convinced.... :wink:

Just find Janie and I a job down there and we'll be there in a heartbeat. 8)

Regards,

Frank

7. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Hi David how goes it. Yea the flamingos are tough, really small flocks in pretty wild areas. I was lucky with this guy. Look at their design David for clues as to where they hang mud flats especially around mangroves, tidal pools, they sift ooze . Their main food is little shrimps btw this is what gives them their great color....... let me admen that really it's the shrimps larvae that is what was so vexing to zoologists when they first started to keep them in captivity they would lose their color without this component. Their is a nesting colony in FL bay other then that it is really hit or miss come on down and we will go on a flamingo hunt.
    Richard