1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Forum Help - Tracking Threads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paradiddle, Jun 18, 2007.

1. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    I enjoy this forum very much and appreciate everyones help and comments. However, I have trouble keeping track of what is going on and what I have replied to.

In another forum that I am weening away from I click on my threads and it shows me all of my threads with a notification of NEW or NEWand it makes it easy to keep track of what I have responded to and if there have been replies. It keeps track accross all forums and threads. How can I do the same here at the CAFE. I feel I am missing something or just not doing it right? Thanks

2. Hi, Gary. Under 'Quick Links', scroll down and click on 'Subscribed Threads' and you can see all the threads that you have participated in. The threads in bold contain posts you haven't read.

You can also subsribed to posts you haven't replied to using the 'Thread Tools'.

3. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Phil - thanks but when I do this it doesn't show any subscribed threads?

4. Oh, go to your 'User CP', check under 'Edit Options' to see if you have 'subscription' turn on.

5. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    You were correct. I had don't subscribe to threads. I have changed that setting. Now lets see what happens? Thank you

6. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Yes it worked! Thanks so much for the help.

7. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Phil -

Thanks so much for your help tracking threads! It has help enormously! Do you also know how I should be posting pictures so they show up in the thread and not just as text, where you have to click the hyper link to view the picture?

8. Hi, Gary. Please read the tutorial here.

9. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Phil you ROCK

Phil - once again you solved my problem. I do appreciate it.

Also - my boys love your hat!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.