Found a good deal on the 24-85 AF-S? Good lens?

B

bradystrib

Hey guys,
Just curious to see if anyone has any opinions on this lens (build quality and image quality). I found a pretty good deal on one and want to know if I should jump on it. Thanks!

Hey guys,
Just curious to see if anyone has any opinions on this lens (build quality and image quality). I found a pretty good deal on one and want to know if I should jump on it. Thanks!
If you are talking about the 3.5-4.5G, I have one, its sharp from one end to the other. I use it quite often now after recently buying it here on the forum.

Hope this helps, George.

I had this lens when I had my F5 and I tested it against the exernally identical 18-70DX and found the 24-85 to be a little bit sharper than the 18-70. both great lens

I just bought this lens last week and am still trying it out -- at first I wasn't impressed with it and had immediate buyers remorse. I took it out to the zoo (without the lens hood) on a moderately overcast day. The pictures were OK - no sizzle and not particularly "sharp". But after reading Thom Hogan's review, I placed the included lens hood on it, took some sample pictures and am a little more impressed with it. Never realized the lens hood would make such a difference.

D

Dan from New Jersey

I had the lens (replaced by 28-70). I like it alot. Would have kept it but it duplicated range. Does exceptionally well with low light. Use a tripod with it, you'll be impressed.

Dan

R

Removed User 2

Not a good lens. Distorts like crazy. Sharp? Just as sharp as the 80$ 28-80G or the 18-55.

Not a good buy, IMO. Many better choices out there.

B

bradystrib

Well, seems to have mixed reviews. Despite that i picked one up for a grand total of $75 in fine working condition :D. I haven't tried it out yet, but hope to some time soon :D

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom