Found a great place to shoot

the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine has a rookery. Here's a few shots from my first visit.
20479686-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

20589656-L.jpg

20594288-L.jpg

20598040-M.jpg

20598047-L.jpg

That 3rd shot is fantastic! Patrick and I were at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm back in March. We had the best time there. Looks like you did as well!

greyflash said:
Great shots Harry. I love the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th images. Well done series of shots.

Thanks Gordon. The main problem I had that day was the pain in the neck I got. Everytime I turned around there was another photo op calling out to me. :D

Harry,

It's good to see your posts at the Cafe again. These are wonderful. I had hoped to get up to the Alligator Farm when we are down there in a few weeks. I think that Gale is going too. I hope that you will be available for shooting both at this great place and at Viera. How long does it take to get from the Merritt area up to St. Augustine?

I'm very excited about coming back down. Hope to see you and the rest of the Florida gang in about 4 weeks. :)

Frank

Hey Frank,

I will be sure to have my schedule free when you hit town. The Alligator farm is around 90 minutes from Merritt Island and 2 hours from my place. Its definitely worth the drive. I bought an annual photographers pass which lets me get in an hour before the place opens and stay two hours after it closes. They don't check to see if you have a pass when the joint closes so we will be able to stay until around 7:15 PM.

Harry

here's their link http://www.alligatorfarm.com/

That third shot is just awesome.

All this talk of Alligator Farm and Merritt Island is nice, but I have to put my plug in for the best thing around St. Augustine...The World Golf Hall of Fame!!!

F15Todd said:

All this talk of Alligator Farm and Merritt Island is nice, but I have to put my plug in for the best thing around St. Augustine...The World Golf Hall of Fame!!!

Hey Todd, I think they show the wrong kind of birdies there!!

:lol:

Why don't you join us at the Merritt shoot?

Frank

Harry
WOw these are fantastic, tryin liek hell to get down for the merritt shoot woudl love to check this out. The third one is just fantastic

Harry -

These are some great captures! You really caught some fabulous moments with these. Really like #3 -- is that a Great White?? That think's it's a peacock?? :)

Harry good to see ya,

The third is the ultimate shot. Doesn't get any better than that.

Been wanting to go to St Augustine for a long time. Can't wait.

All the shots are first rate Harry.

Awesome shots Harry!

Very unusual compositions. Hope I get a chance to meet you when I finally get down to Fla this fall.

Thanks Leigh. I had a fantastic time. I was a bit overwhlemed when I first entered. There were just too many photo ops in such a small area.

F15Todd said:

Thanks Todd but as for golf I agree with baseball hall of famer, Rogers Hornsby who said "when I hit a ball I expect someone else to chase it". :lol:

mike mac said:
Harry
WOw these are fantastic, tryin liek hell to get down for the merritt shoot woudl love to check this out. The third one is just fantastic

Hey Mike,

It would be great if you could make it down here. You will love this rookery!

DavidM said:
Harry -

These are some great captures! You really caught some fabulous moments with these. Really like #3 -- is that a Great White?? That think's it's a peacock?? :)

Hey David,

Great hearing from you. The greta thing about the day was taht all the egrets were in mating mode and doing their best peacock imitations.

Gale said:
Harry good to see ya,

The third is the ultimate shot. Doesn't get any better than that.

Been wanting to go to St Augustine for a long time. Can't wait.

All the shots are first rate Harry.

Hey Gale,

Great hearing from you again. You will love the rookery. Its perfect for the 80-400. I started out with my 300mm and 1.4 TC but switched to the 80-400 because the 420mm was too much reach for a lot of the shots.

Latest threads

Top Bottom