1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Found a old senior picture I took

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Debbie H, May 15, 2018.

1. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    Hi, I found this old pic I took and decided to work it up. My shooting skills are going to change... I bought some new primes and I'm going to shoot wide open giving that SDF.
    Destiny DSC_2346.
    NIKON D700    ---    27mm    f/4.0    1/200s    ISO 640

2. I think this is very nice; good composition and good focus. Perhaps the model should be a bit more elevated, and less buried in the grass. I agree, the senior portrait styles have changed over the past 10 years. The type photos I used to shoot in the early years, using film, is very different than what the seniors want today. Stay with the 2.8 or faster lenses; the best glass is really worth it!

3. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Great picture Debbie.
    But isn't the green to green?

Kind regards
    Klaus

4. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    Thanks! No I like a lot of color :) 

5. Lots of color is fine, but when it overwhelms not only the senses of the viewer, but also the subject, then it's too much.

While this is only my personal opinion, this photo looks too processed, from the overly saturated colors to the plastic, smooth look of the skin, I think you could improve it, while yet maintaining a certain amount of the look you want, by backing off a bit on your overall processing.

6. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri

I didn't do anything to her skin....she had perfect skin. Yes I could back up on the color a bit. Thanks for the CC.

7. I like the pose and composition but I, too find that the green overwhelms the image. Those flowers in the upper left have no relation to anytning in the picture, are kitchy and don't belong in 2018 IMO :) . I'd move the "signature" over to the left where it would be less distracting.

Larry

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I agree with Larry. There is too much going on in the photo that takes away from her---garish colors, signature, odd roses, the odd yellow line running through the middle, overblown highlights on heels.

9. I agree with Larry and Nick! I am having trouble understanding why the roses are included in the frame. The colors are overly saturated. She’s an excellent model...just needs more work on the things surrounding her within the frame.

Glenn

10. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    Thanks everyone but I'm not asking for CC but thanks!!! :)  My work sells just fine how it is :) 

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.