found: old shot

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by manzico, Apr 26, 2007.

1. I haven't had much chance to get out and shoot lately so I decided to poke around some of my older shots that I decided not to process for one reason or another. I found this one:

original.

It's funny how if you give yourself some time, you can look back over your shots with a new eye. As always, CC are greatly appreciated.

Dave

2. Very cool Dave, it's the sort of image that appeals to me.

3. Yea, that's really cool, but also somehow intimidating.

Cheers

4. I like it, especially the sun-lit branches (?) in the dark sky.
    Andreas

5. Great use of B&W - I love these kind of shots.

6. I really love this shot - how the lit branches against the dark sky transform to dark branches against the lighter sky at the horizon. Excellent!

I'll drift through old photos and find some goodies in there that I never realized I'd captured. The problem with digital - shoot hundreds, download, get busy, never review. Keep sharing please!

7. Thanks for the comments. It's funny, when I went out that day I had in my mind a goal that was a completely different than this. I got some good shots, but never anything like what I had intended. The terrain, and the lighting just didn't cooperate. Of course I tried to work with what I had so I took several photos of what was available. When I got back this shot fell through the cracks because it wasn't what I "wanted". Looking back through the photos without the bias of that "want" let me see this shot differently and in the end, I'm pretty happy with it.

Dave