1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique Fountains & Water Lilies - Longwood Gardens Pa.

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by TerribleTwins, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Taken August 2017 - 1st season they had the fountains back up & running after a major refit.

Longwood Gardens

Olympus OMD EM1 Mk2 with the 12-100 F4 Pro. Alien Skin Exposure Ilford Delta 100 conversion

Originally didn't thinks these would work in B&W, but I thinks some of the night time ones look rather cool in B&W - will post the colour version in the wanderlust section.

1)
    p3280459257-4.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2)
    p3280460397-4.jpg

3)
    p3280460961-4.jpg

4)
    p3280465215-4.jpg

5)
    p3280479973-4.jpg

6)
    p3280478180-4.jpg

7)
    p3280482772-4.jpg

8)
    p3280483559-4.jpg

9)
    p3280490805-4.jpg

10)
    p3280496844-4.jpg

rest of the series here...

Fountains & Lillies - August 2017

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice. I clicked the link to the rest of the series. The dusk shots before it gets totally dark are my favorite. That light at dusk provides just the right amount of contrast.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    I think this set is really, really nice! The daytime work well in B&W. Some of the nighttime ones loose too much detail.

4. I really like these, especially the first four. I agree with Karen about the daytime shots. The have nice comps, detail, and b&w!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wonderful series, David!
    For me, all of these work really well in b&w with great compositions and processing.

A little remark, really nit-picking, in #4 there are some dark objects in the upper left corner.
    leaves probably.
    I would clone these out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks - Agree they that they probably lose too much detail - but I am surprised at actually how good they are in the first place - I had expected B&W not to work at all for the night time images.

7. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

You know, at first I didn't think the series would work in BW, but it totally does and I love them!! Awesome job, David!

8. I actually like al the night time shots--they enhance the geometry of the water and hide the masses in the foreground :)  enough so they are rendered harmless (no longer a distraction).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.