Four from this evening

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
All done with the D700 & the 80-200mm F4.5 AI converted

#1:
1236236802_W8dDp-X2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2:
1236211092_iQvBN-X2.jpg

#3:
1236211811_9B58j-X2.jpg

#4:
1236210610_f5rzK-X2.jpg

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Evening Dave!

Thanks for the nice words. When I bought the D700, I -of course- tried to use this lens. I found the results were sub standard to say the least. I don't know why, but I took it a few weeks again and suddenly it seemed to go 'snap'! And it is a very good lens, I bought it around 1973 or so and used it intensively on the Nikkormat EL for about 30 years with very good results. On the D80 I did not use it, but now on the full frame I can focus by sight again!

Edit: Yes, all of them are hand hold. The combination of the D700 and the lens is as steady as a rock!

Nice set Rob. #4 reminds of the Pink Floyd album cover of their Animals album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shots Rob.
The old 80-200 f4.5 was a great lens at its time. I still keep mine, bought in 1974 and AI converted like yours by John White from Minnesota, here in the USA.
I particularly like No. 1. You have created tension photographing opposite colors and that is a great aid to visual design.
My 80-200 is used regularly with my film camera although I have also beautiful shots from it when used with digital. It has been a great lens for me.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Alan,

That last one is super! You make me want a full frame camera.

When I bought the D700, it was primarily because of the ISO capabilities. But now, I have two main reasons:
1) Possibility to use all my old lenses AND have the same use of them as what I learned in 'analog' times.
2) The greater range between too dark and too light (forgot the word!)

And also I love the body if I put a bigger lens on it: steady as a brick!

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
William,

The old 80-200 f4.5 was a great lens at its time.
Couldn't agree more. I used it in every weather and it just never disappointed me. As I answered Dave, it took a bit of time, but now I'm using it regularly on the D700. It's rather heavy for me, but still I can shoot at 1/40s and have sharp pictures with it. If I try to do this with the 70-300 without using the VR, it never works.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom