Foxy Lady

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Bohdan, Oct 8, 2005.

1. But indecisive....can't make up her mind what colour coat she wants to wear!

39115483-L.

39115489-L.

Very friendly fox.....too bad in a way...means that someone has probably been feeding her!

bohdan

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful animal. You are right about how friendly she is though. Not always good for wild animals.

Very nice shots.

3. Thanks and you're right!! It's disapointing that people don't know that they are potentially doing more harm "feeding the cute fox" !

Having one pose for photographs on the other hand!

bohdan

4. This lady is decked out in her fall finest. Good shot, I have never been able to get that close to a fox.

5. Very sweet looking lady.... nice captures!

6. thanks Gordon..This one practically took it's own pictures ...it was that unafraid!

Bohdan

7. ..

She was very sweet....Actually shot this with the el cheapo 70- 300 G...
    Go Figure...and I have a 70-200 vr coming......is it worth it???? Oh my.....indecisions....indecisions....

Bohdan

8. You've got a 70-200VR on the way!!??? Oh that's a riot, you asking if it's worth it..... yes yes yes and yes, you're gonna love that lens. Very sweet, VERY sharp, and gets the shots all the time. The VR has been a god-send in my kayaking shots of birds. If I ever do a trip up to Sioux Lookout to visit my cousin there, I'll stop in at TBay and we can do a VR shoot. It's my favourite lens!

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Worth it?? Absolutely. As Sandi says, you will love it. Get yourself a 1.4 or 1.7 TC, and get a 280 f4 or 340 f4.8 on top of the 70-200 2.8. :tongue:

10. Great....can't wait to get it....and you'll love the photo opts around Thunder Bay. Give me a shout if you make it up here..

Bohdan

11. Thanks Frank...I've pretty much convinced that I want this len...Had a few weak moments there....have been waiting almost 3 months for it....I like to purchase from a local dealer....local business etc.

Bohdan

12. Bohdan, I see in your siggy that you're also lusting after the 17-55/2.8. I started out my DSLR kit with these two lenses - the 70-200VR and the 17-55 after doing MUCHOS research. I believe in 'buy good, buy once' and with a lot of input from my photog buddies, decided on these two. This shd be your next purchase after you replenish your lens fund. It's as sweet as the 70-200 in crisp shots, no distortion and a very FAST focus.
    It's always interesting how Flew and I can easily recommend you spending your money, isn't it!!??? *LOL*

13. I had the 17 -55 for 4 weeks this summer to do a wedding in oakville...rented it from my local camera dealer...sweet lens...since then I've picked up an 85/1.8 and have a 180/2.8 in transit as we speak...soooo...have to make a choice....I loved the 17-55...but the much maligned kit lens 18-70 has provided me with some of my best landscapes....along with my Sigma 12-24...soooo at this point I could probably justify one good quality lens to the rest of the family who have their own demands....plasma tv....etc....
    I'm leaning very strongly to the 70-200

Darn it I've been vacillating for most of the summer....firm decision is what
    is needed. 70-200 it is.

Thanks for all your advice.

Bohdan