Frame grabs?

What is the best way to get frame grabs from video? I'm using a GoPro Hero2 and D7000 for video and would like to get stills from the resulting videos. I've been using the stock media player that comes bundled with Windows 7 and hitting the 'Print Screen' key on my keyboard and pasting into PS. I'm looking for something that is easier to use and gives me better results. Thanks.

Thanks. I'm looking at their website now. The 1920 x 1080 resolution is fine. It has got to be much faster than cutting and pasting into PS.

There's Vegas Pro 11 for professionals, there is also Vegas Movie Studio which sells for as little as $45. I'm not sure if Movie Studio captures stills. The image quality of the video is better than the individual stills. Video uses Interpolation or Progressive Scan to improve the quality of the video. You could send me a short clip and I can send you some stills.

Thanks all. I will definitely get a copy if I start taking video more seriously. I would have hoped the GoPro editiring software would have had thia feature. If it does I can't find it. Thanks again for all the help.

Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 (I'd get the production suite on Amazon for just $58.74. It a great suite of programs and most things you learn are transferable to Vegas if you need that power. I don't have anything to do with Sony or Amazon, but this is the real deal.

You'll also need a fairly powerful computer to have joy in doing video on the desk top.

Vegas Movie Studio is now 64 Bit, and unless you plan on 2k/4k work or need scripts its a great deal. Also about 80% of the FX filters are now GPU, the program is very fast rendering, it made between a 50 and 100 % difference in speed going 64 bit for me on a 6 core/16 gig machine.

Latest threads

Top Bottom