Frame USA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jim Strathearn, Apr 7, 2007.

1. I'm not sure of the Cafe policy for discussing vendors, or if this is the correct forum to do that. However, I am getting ready to frame up some prints for a show and need some help.

Has anyone ever used Frame USA? I need some inexpensive black metal 11 x 14 frames and I see they have them for $6.95 each. That's half of what my local Michael's charges. I need 20 frames so the cost savings could be substantial, if the frames are any good. They come with glass, a cardboard backer and clips. (My prints are mounted and matted.) So, if anyone has used them and could share with me their experience with them, I'd appreciate it.

I have another question for those who routinely sell their prints. I'm setting up a booth at a decoy craft show. It is not a flea market, but is also not a high end art exhibit. It's probably a tweener... :rolleyes:  My question is, do you take a check for your prints if you are displaying in a one-time show like this?

Any other advice would be appreciated. I've been selling prints on consignment for a while but this will be my first outing at a show. I could sure use some advice and/or guidance...

TIA!

2. Check out americanframe.com

3. I bought from Frames USA five times.

I've ordered 8x12 step oak and 12x18 step oak frames.

The oak quaiity and finish is good.
    Frames over 12x16 come with plexiglass instead of glass and I don't like the plexiglass. The glass is not UV rated just plain 1/8" glass.
    I use them for frames in my office and if I give a print away I always give it framed.

You can't beat the price.
    Shipping takes 2-3 weeks.

Greg

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Jim, I buy 11x14 black aluminum frames from Hobby Lobby for $11.95 at half price. They are 50% off every other week.

5. As Greg said, shipping is a little slow with FrameUSA, but their products are good quality. I've only ordered wood frames through them, as I get my metal frames through americanframe.com.

I've been selling prints for five years, and always am willing to take a check with a driver license id. Never had a problem. Good luck with your sales!!

6. Thanks for all the replies/input. Not sure I can wait 3 weeks... I'll call them on Monday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.