Frames in Photoshop or Lightroom?

Anyone know of an easy-to-use plug-in or action to put a decorative frame or mat around an image, for either Photoshop CS5 or Lightroom 3?

The easier (and cheaper :biggrin:) the better. And if it comes with an easy-to-follow tutorial, that would be a bonus!

Thanks!

What exactly are you wanting to achieve Bert?
There are plenty for Photoshop - just Google.
For Lightroom you can export to jpeg from the print module with a double border or use Mogrify by Tim Armes for borders. These are more borders (single or double) than frames but may do what you want. There is an even trickier way using the Identity Plate and png files to make frames too.

What exactly are you wanting to achieve Bert?
There are plenty for Photoshop - just Google.
For Lightroom you can export to jpeg from the print module with a double border or use Mogrify by Tim Armes for borders. These are more borders (single or double) than frames but may do what you want. There is an even trickier way using the Identity Plate and png files to make frames too.

I'm not looking for anything exotic - just basic single/double borders, so what you're describing for LR may be the best answer for me. (I use LR much more than I use Photoshop.)

I just took a quick look at LR's Print module (which I've never really used). I see the Export to JPG setting and "Stroke Border" tickmark near the top. Is "Stroke Border" what you were referring to? If so, how do I make a double border? (Making a single border is a snap!)

Thanks.

Thanks.

I'm not looking for anything exotic - just basic single/double borders, so what you're describing for LR may be the best answer for me. (I use LR much more than I use Photoshop.)

I just took a quick look at LR's Print module (which I've never really used). I see the Export to JPG setting and "Stroke Border" tickmark near the top. Is "Stroke Border" what you were referring to? If so, how do I make a double border? (Making a single border is a snap!)

Thanks.

Thanks.
Sorry for forgetting you Bert. Fro a double border select page colour as well as stroke border. I do some quite cool ones and they always impress the punters!!:wink:

Sorry for forgetting you Bert. Fro a double border select page colour as well as stroke border. I do some quite cool ones and they always impress the punters!!:wink:

That works great, Geoff! Thanks for the tip.

Is there anyway to use the eyedropper tool to make either the stroke color and/or the page color exactly match a color in the image? When I move the cursor to the image when selecting the color, the eydropper disappears... :frown:

Bert, yes just hold the Cmd() key while dragging the eyedropper from the swatch across to the image. Easy as!! When you know!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom