Framing and matting your digital images

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by SRA, Aug 5, 2005.

1. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    I have been impressed by the multitude of digitally framed photos available on this site. I would love to able to enhance my own photos the same way. I have a Mac G5 with Adobe Photoshop CS2 loaded. However, I am not yet educated on all the possiblities available with this wonderful software.

Is this a simple enhancement or difficult, and if simple could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

2. Scott, for starters Adobe has ready-to-go frames as actions... Some of them you can even customize to your appetite ;-)

3. SRA: Another great topic for a topic of the week!!

I need to investigate the Adobe framing actions that are included...more research!

4. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Please excuse my ignorance but, where is this 'frames action' found? And again thank you for your time.

5. click the button that looks like the play button on a dvd player in the actions window in photoshop, then scroll down to 'frames' and play away!

6. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah

Helmet155,

Found it, what a neat feature. Now to make one and try to save it. Thank you very much. :)

7. Hi Scott,
    Go to http://www.atncentral.com/download.htm and there you will find many different actions that you can download. Once downloaded, then you can access them from within PS. There are a few good actions there for matting and framing your shots, plus many different effects as well. Have a look around there, it'll keep you busy for a while! :)

8. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Just checked it out and your right, it is going to keep me busy for awhile. This is more fun than a person should be allowed to have.

9. Oh my gawd, we've created another monster! LOL Scott, there are a TON of digital frames out there, and of course, the master of digi frames is Budd Guinn who kindly made a zip file with all his actions. He's even got them organized by colour/type of woods, etc.
    A search on dpreview can find them, or maybe someone here has the link. If you get desparate, PM me and I'll hunt thru my hard drive for it....

10. Check out Fred Miranda's frame action it is at www.fredmiranda.com it cost 15.00 but is very customizable an creates a frame in seconds.

11. Budd's actions are available on atn central. I use his matting and framing actions all the time. They're some of the best I've seen!